Canning season is a great time to try something new. Here are 57 canning recipes for you to check out.
If you’re looking for a way to spice up your canning routine, this article is for you!
We’ve curated a list of 57 delicious recipes – from jams and jellies to pickles, salsa, and more – that are sure to keep you happy this canning season.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced canner, these canning recipes have been carefully tested and tweaked for all levels of know-how.
Plus, they travel easily so you can share your canned creations with friends and family. Get your canning supplies ready – it’s time to get creative in the kitchen!
The summer bounty of your home garden or the flush Farmers Markets with local fruit and vegetables will be here before you know it.
I have a small garden of my own and when I do can I do it because I love canning. It makes me feel closer to the past generations of women who had to can so they could feed their family throughout the year.
One of my favorite canning recipes of the 57 Canning Recipes is the Muscadine Grape Jam recipe.
Almost 25 years ago when we lived in Vidalia, Georgia and I was pregnant with my son I craved muscadine grapes.
I had never eaten them before we lived in Georgia. I never even knew such a grape existed until then. I can't wait for the end of summer when they are in season!
57 Canning Recipes for your canning pleasure
Are you looking for a fun, delicious, and creative way to preserve fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients?
Home canning is a great way to do just that and with 57 recipes at your disposal, you’ll have plenty of ideas to choose from. From traditional old-world recipes to modern takes, these recipes will help you make the most out of canning season.
Blueberry Canning Recipes
Do you love the taste of fresh-picked blueberries but are always sad to see summer go and the blueberries aren’t around anymore?
Luckily, canning is the perfect way to enjoy the flavor of summer’s abundance all year round!
- Blueberry Pepper Jam (Ball Jam and Jelly Maker recipe): Are you looking to spice up your jams and preserves? Canning your own delicious and unique blueberry pepper jam is an easy and exciting way to do just that.
- Strawberry Blueberry Jam: Preserve summer in a jar like never before with this easy-to-follow guide to canning sweet summer strawberry blueberry jam. Bursting with flavor, this jam offers an enjoyable way to enjoy the best seasonal fruits all year long.
Berry Canning Recipes
Do you love the sweet taste of freshly picked summer berries? Do you want to enjoy the flavor year round?
Canning your own berries is the answer! With the right recipes and techniques, you can easily transform fresh summer berries into delicious preserves and jams that you can enjoy long after the summer months have gone.
- Blackberry Jam: Canning blackberry jam is an easy and delicious way to enjoy those sweet berries year-round.
- Green Tomato Raspberry Jam: The beauty of canning and preserving is that you can take the flavors of a season and enjoy them all year long. With this Green Tomato Raspberry Jam, you'll be able to savor the flavor of summer long after the sunshine has faded. Green tomato jam is surprisingly sweet and tangy, and the addition of raspberries gives it a complex, slightly tart flavor.
- Razzleberry Jam: It’s time to get your hands sticky—and we don’t mean with sugar! If you’re ready to take your home cooking skills to the next level, why not try the timeless, classic method of canning razzleberry jam?
- Raspberry Jam: The tantalizing smell of a fresh, homemade raspberry jam rising from a boiling pot; the beautiful, crimson-colored preserve filling the jar just before the lid clicks shut -- for many, these moments encapsulate the comforting joy of canning.
Canned Fruit Recipes
Canning fresh fruit recipes is a great way to make sure that you’re enjoying the flavor of summer year-round.
From cherries and peaches to strawberries and plums, capturing the flavor of your favorite fruits in jars and lids allows you to store them for later use, preserving the taste of summer for the months ahead.
- Spiced Vanilla Peaches: Canning is a great way to enjoy the flavors of freshly picked peaches all year round, and spiced vanilla peaches make for an especially delicious treat.
- Canned Pineapple Chunks: Canning your own fruits and vegetables is not only a cost-effective way to stock up your pantry, but it can also be an incredibly satisfying process. One of the most popular canned fruits to enjoy year-round is canned pineapple chunks in juice.
- Homemade Applesauce: Do you love the taste of fresh applesauce but never thought you could make it at home? Canning homemade applesauce is easier than you think and has the potential to save you money and even give you a great sense of accomplishment.
- Canned Apricots: Canning is a great way to preserve the bounty of seasonal fruit and vegetables - and summertime is the perfect time to preserve apricots!
- Apple Pie Filling: Pie is a classic dessert that evokes feelings of comfort and warmth for many people. But what if you could bring the nostalgia and deliciousness of homemade apple pie into your kitchen any time of year? Canning homemade apple pie filling is a great way to do just that.
Cherry Canning Recipes
Do you want to keep your sweet cherry bounty from summer harvest for the rest of the year? Canning is a great way to store fresh cherries!
- Sweet Cherry Vanilla Jam: Are you looking for a delicious way to preserve the flavors of summer ripened cherries? Canning cherry vanilla jam is an easy way to fill your pantry with sweet, fragrant jars of homemade cherry and vanilla jam that will bring a taste of summer to your table all year round.
- Sweet Cherry Jam: Nothing compares to the taste of a homemade batch of sweet cherry jam. With its bright and tangy flavor, it's the perfect topping for freshly-baked bread, tart cookies, or yogurt.
- Sweet Cherry Preserves: At the height of summer, nothing beats the satisfaction of canning chunky sweet cherry preserves.
Citrus Canning Recipes
Are you looking for an easy way to preserve your favorite citrus fruit like lemons and oranges?
With the right equipment and recipes, you can create delicious citrus preserves from the comfort of your own kitchen to enjoy all year long.
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade: Are you looking for a deliciously unique way to liven up your breakfast recipes? Meyer Lemon Marmalade is the answer! Made from a combination of tart and sweet Meyer lemons, sugar, this delectable condiment is striking the perfect balance between sweet and sour.
- Mandarin Orange Marmalade: Wake up your taste buds with the enticing flavors of Mandarin Orange Marmalade! Spread a spoonful over your morning toast.
- Citrus Marmalade: Are you craving a burst of sunshine in your life? Whether you consider yourself a novice or experienced canner, this classic citrus marmalade recipe is a surefire way to add a splash of flavor to the breakfast table.
- Peach Orange Marmalade: Are you looking for a canning recipe that is both delicious and easy to make? Peach marmalade is a perfectly sweet way to enjoy the flavors of summer peaches in the chilly winter months.
Cranberry Canning Recipes
- Cranberry Raisin Jam: When the holiday season rolls around, there's nothing quite like the taste of homemade jam on morning toast, with dinner-time turkey, or with a late night cheese plate. Making your own jam is surprisingly easy - and it's especially delicious when you make a holiday cranberry raisin jam.
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce: The holidays are a time for gratitude, joy - and amazing food! This year, treat your family to a homemade cranberry sauce that will make your holiday meal even more special. Using simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry, you can whip up a unique and delicious sauce.
Misc Fruit Canning Recipes
Summer is the time to take advantage of all the ripe, juicy, and delicious fruits!
From juicy peaches to luscious strawberries and all the other incredible fruits that are in season.
Making your own preserves at home is an excellent way to pickle your favorite fruits for longer-term storage so you can enjoy them even after the season is gone.
Not only is making your own preserves a great way to save money, but with the vast array of recipes available, you get to pick and choose which fruit preserves to make and how to make them!
- Muscadine or Scuppernong Grape Jam: Do you yearn for a simple yet delicious jam recipe you can make at home? Look no further than this classic scuppernong grape jam recipe! With its bold, sweet flavor, it's sure to satisfy any craving for something special.
- Pinacolda Jam (Ball Jam and Jelly Maker recipe): If you're looking for a surefire way to make your next batch of homemade jam an absolute hit, then you don't want to miss out on Pinacolda Jam, a Ball Jam and Jelly Maker recipe. Not only is this jam bursting with flavor, but you can also rest assured that it's easy to make using only a few ingredients in the jelly maker appliance.
- Carrot Cake Jam: Are you looking for a new recipe to enjoy for the upcoming holiday season? Look no further than carrot cake jam! Delicious, versatile, and surprisingly easy to make, this fall or Easter favorite is sure to become a staple in your holiday recipes.
- Ginger Plum Jam: Sticky, sweet, and tart, nothing beats a homemade batch of Ginger Plum Jam!
- Pear Vanilla Jam: The smell of homemade jam bubbling in a pot is one of the most comforting scents of the season. So when the pears are in season make a batch of this jam.
- Homemade Fig Preserves: We all know someone who enjoys making jams and jellies to give as gifts or keep in their pantry. They might even have a favorite recipe that has been passed down for generations. There's something special about enjoying homemade preserves—the unique flavor, the nostalgia of a family tradition, or simply the joy of creating something yourself. Fig preserves are a particularly delicious and easy-to-make option.
Peach Canning Recipes
Make the most of summer's sweet bounty with the perfect peach canning recipes!
Summer is the time for fresh, juicy peaches, and canning is the perfect way to keep their delicious goodness long past the season.
With the right recipes and a few simple steps you will be preserving peaches with ease to keep summer in your kitchen all year long.
- Savory Peach Rosemary Jam: If you’re a fan of sweet and savory combinations, you’ve likely discovered that peaches and rosemary make an incredibly tasty pairing. This summer, surprise your friends and family with a unique twist on canning with a recipe for savory peach rosemary jam
- Peach Preserves: Do you remember the taste of classic peach preserves your grandmother used to make? That unforgettable sweet and tart flavor is a classic summer taste that has been captured and enjoyed by generations for generations. For those lucky enough to have tasted this timeless treat, the warm memories are never forgotten.
- Peach Vanilla Jam: It's no secret that jams are a great way to add texture and flavor to just about any culinary dish. But why settle for a conventional strawberry or raspberry jam when you can try something new and adventurous? Introducing peach vanilla jam – the sweet, savory, and totally unique condiment that will take your recipes to the next level.
- White Peach Jam: Most of us have sampled at least one spoonful of sweet jam at some point in our lives - whether it's as a topping on freshly-baked scones, spread between layers of a sandwich, or simply straight from the jar. But when it comes to jams, few can top the subtle yet vibrant sweetness of white peach jam.
- Roasted Peach Vanilla Butter: The smell of summer is in the air and there's no better way to capture the feeling than by canning the delicious flavors of the season. Roasted peach vanilla butter is a simple yet decadent recipe and is a perfect way to preserve the flavors of summer.
- Peach Honey Butter: Are you ready to take your peach preservation to the next level? Canning creamy peach honey butter is a delightful way to turn luscious summer peaches into a rich, thick sweet spread that will make all of your family and friends swoon.
- Peach Jam: When summer peached are in season canning your own peach jam gives a sense of satisfaction like no other. It's an incredible feeling to see the juicy yellow-orange fruit from the farmer's market transformed into delicious, thick preserves ready to fill your pantry.
Every home canner, amateur or experienced, needs a good pickle recipe to add some delicious flavor to their pantry shelves.
If you're looking for the perfect combination of spices, tartness, and crunch to invigorate your taste buds, you've come to the right place.
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers: Hot and spicy with just a hint of tang, pickled jalapeno peppers have been a culinary staple for centuries. Whether you like them mild or fiery, these flavorful peppers have become a staple in Mexican, Southwestern, and Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles: Crave the flavor of crunchy, garlicky pickles but don't have the time or the inclination to can your own? Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles are here to save the day! With just 10 minutes of your time and a few common ingredients, you can have homemade pickles that will stay fresh and flavorful for up to one month.
- Kosher Dill Pickles: Nothing brings a juicy burger to life like a crunchy, tangy dill pickle. But have you ever thought about making your own? With a little effort and dedication, anyone can craft their own Kosher Dill pickles for burgers and sandwiches – and the results will be far more delicious than anything you can buy from the store!
- Kosher Dill Barrel Pickles (fermented in a pickle crock): Craving a taste of nostalgia? Enter: the old-fashioned Kosher Dill Barrel Pickle. There’s something unparalleled about the flavor of these cucumbers, soaked in brine and dill. Over the last century, these pickles have been a staple in American cuisine and hold a special place in the hearts of many.
Gourmet Pickling Spice
The perfect blend of eight herbs and spices for all your pickling needs.
Pepper Jams & Jelly Recipes
It's time to spice up your snacks with homemade pepper jams and jellies!
Everyone loves a good jam or jelly to spread on toast or to dip tasty crackers into.
However, the same old strawberry and grape jams can get a bit boring. Pepper jams and jellies offer a refreshing twist on a classic and are surprisingly easy to make.
- Apricot Habanero Jelly: Are you looking to take your hot pepper jam game to the next level? Making homemade Apricot Habanero Jelly or Golden Jam is an exciting way to liven up a classic hot pepper recipe and may be just the challenge you've been seeking. Give the ordinary jelly jar a kick with this unique combination of sweet and spicy, and you'll soon have a homemade treat that's sure to impress your friends, family, and yourself.
- Jalapeno Pepper Jelly: Preserving summer flavor all-year-round while experimenting with hot pepper canning flavors has never been easier. Whether you’re a novice or an advanced canner, making your own sweet and spicy jalapeno pepper jam is a creative and fun way to liven up any meal.
- Raspberry Jalapeno Jam: Who doesn’t love a sweet and spicy raspberry and pepper jam? Creating your own homemade batch is easier—and more gratifying—than you might think.
- Peach Poblano Pepper Jam: Spicy and sweet flavor combinations bring a unique twist to summer classics! If you're looking for a fun and creative way to make the most of peach season, try your hand at canning peach and poblano pepper jam.
- Peach and Jalapeno Jam: If you're looking to liven up your pantry shelves with a unique and flavorful treat, then canning peach and jalapeno jam is the perfect solution. A combination of sweet and spicy that’s sure to tantalize the senses, this jam can be used to add interest to foods as diverse as scrambled eggs and grilled burgers.
Strawberry Canning Recipes
Are you looking to make your summer a little sweeter by canning delicious, juicy strawberries?
- Strawberry Jam : Are you new to canning and eager to try your hand at a delicious project? Making your own classic strawberry jam is the perfect way to begin your canning journey. Not only will you be able to enjoy the sweet taste of summer in a jar all year round, but you'll also gain the satisfaction of mastering an essential skill for preserving any fruit or vegetable.
- Carambola and Strawberry Jam: Take your taste buds on an exotic journey with carambola (star fruit) and strawberry jam!
- Strawberry Fig Jam: Ready to tantalize your taste buds and take your jam-making journey to the next level? Preserving strawberry fig jam is not just a delicious treat, it's also an age-old tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation.
- Strawberry Pie Filling: Making homemade strawberry pies can feel like a daunting task, but with a few simple tips it can be a breeze! According to new research from the National Food Preservation Council, preserving strawberry pie filling is the most popular form of food preservation among home cooks.
Canning Homemade Condiments
Homemade condiments can really make a dish stand out, and a great way to enjoy them all year round is by canning.
- Dijon Mustard: Are you looking to spice up your pantry? Sick of the same standard condiments and sauces? Canning your own spicy Dijon mustard can be a delicious and healthful way to take your dishes to the next level.
- Tomatillo Salsa: Do you love the subtle spicy tang of fresh tomatillo salsa? Have you always wanted to learn how to can your own salsa verde to enjoy all year long? Canning your own batch of Tomatillo Salsa is easier than you think!
- Roasted Tomato Tomatillo Salsa (Ball Canning 2016 Recipe Winner): For all the salsa devotees out there, the chance to can your own roasted tomato tomatillo salsa is the chance to be part of a delicious revolution! Canning has become increasingly popular among home cooks, and with good reason — the technique can preserve the fresh flavors of the season for enjoyment later in the year.
- Roasted Pepper & Peach Salsa: Are you a fan of homemade salsa? Surprisingly, roasting your own peppers and peaches is an easy process that takes your average salsa up a notch.
- Homemade Hot Sauce: Hot sauce isn't just a condiment - it's a lifestyle. Whether you prefer an addictive habanero heat or a mild and fragrant jalapeño kick, the ability to can your own homemade hot sauce is a skill worth learning.
- Apple BBQ Sauce: If you're a fan of smoky BBQ flavors, then you're in for a treat! Making your own homemade apple BBQ sauce is surprisingly easy and incredibly delicious.
- Jalapeno Relish: Are you looking for a condiment with a kick? If you love spicy flavors, this jalapeno relish is just what you need! Forget the traditional ketchup and mustard - jazz up your sandwiches and burgers with this spicy jalapeno relish.
57 Canning Recipes
This canning season, you don't have to settle for the same-old recipes. With 57 options to choose from, you're sure to find something you love!
Whether you're a beginner who wants to get started in canning or an experienced canner looking for something new, these recipes are sure to add variety to mealtimes and get your creative juices flowing.
Make the most of the season and try something new today. As Will Rogers once said, "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." Get out there and get canning!
Recommended Canning Supplies
Canning your own food is an activity that is becoming more popular as people search for ways to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With the right canning supplies, you can safely preserve your fruits, vegetables, and other foods to enjoy year-round. Here are a few of my must have canning supplies.