Sweet Cherry Vanilla Jam Recipe
Have you ever made a Sweet Cherry Vanilla Jam? If you are lucky enough to live where the cherries are aplenty I advise you to print this Sweet Cherry Vanilla Jam recipe out and tape it somewhere that you will not forget about it when the cherries come into season!
A few years ago I made a very delicious pear vanilla jam recipe by way of a great canning website Food in Jars.
It was the first time I had ever added vanilla to a jam recipe. At the time I made and after the very first taste of the Pear Vanilla Jam I fell in love.
I have been making jams for well over 20 years and I pretty much only made the staples of jam making. Strawberry jam, blackberry jam, and jalapeno jam were the flavors of jams I would make over and over again each year because I loved them and so did most of the family and anyone I ever shared a jar or two with.
Occasionally I would mix things up by making a mixed berry batch. One year I made a peach jalapeno That was really good. I love the hot and sweet flavor of a pepper jelly.
Working with jalapeno’s can be hazardous to your health so take caution when handling the hot peppers or you may end up like I did in agony. You will only make this mistake once. Take my word for it or you can read about my jalapeno experience here on my Jalapeno Jelly post.
Since I have been making jam in the Ball Jam & Jelly maker I have made two batches of vanilla flavored jam and I can’t see my obsession stopping any time soon. This recipe is adapted from the Sweet Cherry Jam recipe on the Ball Fresh Preserving website.
disclosure: (affiliate links)
Need the perfect cherry pitter? Check out my favorite cherry pitter that gets almost all of the pits the first time.Print
This Sweet Cherry Vanilla Jam Recipe has been adapted from the Ball Fresh Preserving Jam Maker Sweet Cherry Jam recipe http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipe.aspx?r=313
- 2 2/3 cups crushed frozen sweet cherries (about 2 lbs)
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
- 2 Tbsp bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 fat vanilla bean
- Thaw and crush cherries, measure and set aside.
- Measure remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Sprinkle pectin even over the bottom of the jam maker..
- Add cherries, lemon juice and butter to the jam maker.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half then split each half and scrap bean. Add vanilla bean seeds and pods to the jam maker.
- Press the enter button.
- When the jam maker issues four beeps add sugar and cover with the lid.
- Jam will cook for about 21 minutes in the jam and jelly maker. Once the jam is done cooking fill jars accordingly and process in a hot water bath.
- Make 4 1/2 pints.
Calorie count is for each entire half pint jar.
- Category: Jam
- Method: Hot Water Bath Canning
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 880