Canning Recipes from Flour On My Face
I’ve compiled all my canning recipes into this one easy page to make finding my canning and preserving recipes so much easier.
In the past few years canning and preserving food has made a big come back. As the old saying goes what is old is new again.
I love making homemade jam and jellies. It is by far one of my favorite past times. I don’t do it for food storage. I don’t do it because my mother or grandmother did it. I don’t do it because I need to. I do it because I love to.
Join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and sign up for The Beginners Guide To Canning Strawberry Jam Challenge coming Spring 2017. Learn how to make strawberry jam!
No one in my family ever canned when I was growing up. I made my first batch of homemade jam back in 1990 when we were living in Vidalia Georgia and the ditches along the sides of the road were flush with wild blackberries every summer. Back then people thought I was crazy to go through all the trouble of making homemade blackberry jam.
I can’t remember why I decided to make jam that year but like most things I am always a little ahead of the crowd when it comes to things like this. It only took 15 years or so for the rest of the world to jump on the canning wagon. I’ve made many more batches of jams then the recipes I have shared here. I’ve only been writing this blog for a few years now so most of my recipes new and old aren’t here yet.
I hope you will find some fun flavor combos with my list of canning recipes. Anyone can make these canning recipes. Some like the Mango and Peach Salsa don’t require any special canning equipment. All you need is a chopper and a jar. If you are new to canning or an experienced canner I hope you enjoy this list of my canning recipes.
If you are using the Ball Jam & Jelly maker (affiliate link) I even have a few Jam & Jelly Maker recipes for you to try!
Best Spicy Jam & Jelly Recipes
- Cherry Jam
- Blueberry Jam (coming soon)
- Strawberry & Blueberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Pear Vanilla Jam recipe (updated with a FREE printable canning label)
- Blackberry Jam
- Carambola & Strawberry Jam
- Carrot Cake Jam
- Peach Jam
- Orange Curd unprocessed & requires refrigeration
- Easy Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles unprocessed & requires refrigeration (FREE Printable Labels)
- Kosher Dill Pickles
Salsa & Savory Canning Recipes
- Caribbean Fruit Salsa (coming soon)
- Chunky Mango Pineapple Salsa (coming soon)
- Homemade Pizza Sauce (coming soon)
- Roasted Tomato Tomatillo Salsa recipe (Ball Canning Winning recipe of 2016)
- Mango & Peach Salsa unprocessed & requires refrigeration
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Pico de Galo unprocessed & requires refrigeration