I've gathered all my canning recipes into this one easy page to make finding my canning and preserving recipes so much easier.
In the past few years, canning and preserving food has made a big come back. As the old saying goes what is old is new again.
I love making homemade jam and jellies. It is by far one of my favorite past times.
I don't do it for food storage. I don't do it because my mother or grandmother did it.
I don't do it because I need to. I do it because I love to.
No one in my family ever canned when I was growing up.
I made my first batch of homemade jam back in 1990 when we were living in Vidalia, Georgia and the ditches along the sides of the road were flush with wild blackberries every summer.
Back then people thought I was crazy to go through all the trouble of making homemade blackberry jam.
I love Canning
I can't remember why I decided to make jam that year but like most things, I am always a little ahead of the crowd when it comes to things like this.
It only took 15 years or so for the rest of the world to jump back on the canning wagon.
I've made many more batches of jams then the recipes I have shared here.
I hope you will find some fun flavor combos with my list of canning recipes. Anyone can make these canning recipes.
Some like the Mango and Peach Salsa don't require any special canning equipment.
All you need is a sharp knife to chop the ingredients and a jar to put the salsa in.
Whether you're new to canning or an experienced canner I hope you enjoy this list of my favorite canning recipes.
Ball Jam and Jelly Maker recipes
If you are using the Ball Jam & Jelly maker (affiliate link) I even have a few Jam & Jelly Maker recipes for you to try!
If you are just starting out or you want to make small batch canning recipes the Ball Jam & Jelly Maker might just be what you have looking for.
Best Pepper Jam and Jelly Recipes
Pepper jams are one of my favorite jams to make. They are packed with sweet and spicy flavors that taste amazing with meat or cheese.
Habanero Apricot Jelly: OMG is all I can say! This is my new favorite pepper jelly recipe.
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly: Pepper jam has been around forever. It is the first pepper jam recipe I ever made. It is always a hit when served with cream cheese and crackers. It is a perfect party appetizer.
Peach Habanero Jam: This sweet and spicy pepper jam recipe is for those who like their pepper jam extra hot.
Cherry Habanero Jam: Cherry and habanero pepper jam is a great combination of flavors.
Peach & Jalapeno Jam: This is the first combo fruit and pepper jam recipe I ever made and it is still a favorite.
Homemade Jelly Recipes
Scuppernong Jelly recipe: Made from black or gold scuppernongs this homemade jelly is a southern favorite.
Meyer Lemon Jelly (coming soon)
Homemade Dijon Mustard (includes a free printable canning label). Homemade mustard is the perfect sandwich or hot dog condiment. It is also a great holiday gift or perfect served on a cheese, meat and cracker board.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce: Homemade cranberry sauce can be served with your holiday turkey or served with pork any time of the year.
- Lemon Curd: unprocessed & requires refrigeration Perfect spread over a biscuit or scone.
- Orange Curd unprocessed & requires refrigeration: If your not a fan of lemon curd try it made with sweet oranges instead.
Chocolate Cherry Jam (coming soon)
- Savory Peach-Rosemary Jam: This savory peach jam recipe is delicious served with pork or lamb. It also pairs well on a cheese platter for the summer or holidays.
- Sweet Cherry Jam
- Blueberry Jam (coming soon)
- Strawberry & Blueberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Pear Vanilla Jam recipe (updated with a FREE printable canning label)
- Blackberry Jam
- Carambola & Strawberry Jam
- Carrot Cake Jam
- Peach Jam
Fruit preserves are made with whole pieces of fruit whereas jams are made with crushed fruit. Fruit preserves are perfect for dessert toppings.
Marmalade Canning Recipes
- Peach Orange Marmalade with free canning label
- Calamondin Orange Marmalade
- Citrus Marmalade
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade
- Cherry Marmalade
Quick Pickles Recipes aka Refrigerator Pickles
Quick pickling is a fast and easy way to preserve the garden. No need for canning equipment or long times to process.
- Sweet Pickled Radish
- Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles
- Quick Pickled Green Tomatoes
- Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Quick Pickled Green Tomatoes & Peppers
Homemade Pickle Recipes
Salsa & Savory Canning Recipes
- Sweet & Spicy Peach Lime Chutney with free printable canning label
- Sweet & Smokey Roasted Pepper-Peach Salsa
- Caribbean Fruit Salsa
- Roasted Tomato and Pepper Salsa recipe (coming soon)
- Chunky Pineapple Mango Salsa: Goes perfect with grilled chicken, shrimp or fish.
- Roasted Tomato Tomatillo Salsa recipe (Ball Canning Winning recipe of 2016)
- Mango & Peach Salsa unprocessed & requires refrigeration
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Pico de Galo unprocessed & requires refrigeration
Ball Jam and Jelly Maker Recipes
- Blueberry & Poblano Pepper Jam
- Pina Colada Jam
- Sweet Cherry Vanilla Jam
- Peach Vanilla Jam
- Peach Poblano Pepper Jam
Canned Pie and Cobbler Filling Recipes
- Homemade Strawberry Pie Filling
- Homemade Cherry Cobbler Filling
- Cherry Vanilla Pie Filling
- Homemade Peach Pie Filling
Spiced Vanilla Peaches is an amazing way to preserve fresh summer peaches.