August Produce in season now. August is another slow month in the state of Florida when it comes to what fresh produce is in season.
As the hot and rainy Florida weather starts to wind down the list of fresh Florida fruits and vegetables will get longer.
There are always a few delicious fresh Florida fruits and vegetables available during the summer months.
Fresh From Florida Summer Produce
I can’t believe that here we are in August already!
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
August may be a slow month when it comes to Florida produce but it is a busy summer month none the less. packed full of birthdays, end of summer fun, and our family getting ready for back to school.
Fresh from Florida produce starts picking up in September when the weather starts to cool off just slightly.
As we head into the fall and winter the list of fresh Florida produce grows. You can see the difference between the Florida August produce and the December Florida produce list by just how many more fresh fruits and vegetables are in season during the winter months in Florida.
Fresh From Florida August Produce What’s In Season Now
- Avocados: Avocados are still in season and has got to be one of the healthiest Fresh from Florida produce you can eat during the summer months. I love eating healthy Tuna Avocado Wraps. I love them so much that I eat them even when Florida avocados are not in season.
- Carambola: Carambola fruits are still in season and you can find them in the produce section near the tropical fruits. Make a batch of this Carambola and Strawberry Jam this month. Or use your food dehydrator to make Dehydrated Star Fruit.
- Guava: This fresh Guava Jam looks like a recipe I need to try this summer!
- Longan: This Longan Raw Cheesecake is beautiful.
- Mango: I love making Mango salsa recipes. This Chunky Pineapple Mango salsa is one of my favorite canning recipes. Not into canning? You can make this Mango Peach Salsa recipe instead. Make a quart size of the best homemade mango salsa you have ever tasted!
- Mushrooms: Fresh mushrooms are another healthy fresh from Florida produce that Crock Pot Chicken Marsala is packed full of fresh mushrooms. If you like to plan ahead you might want to make Dehydrated Mushrooms so you always have them on hand.
- Passion Fruit: This Raspberry and Passion Fruit Dutch Baby is an interesting way to serve fresh passion fruit.
- Peanuts: I use raw peanuts to make this Old Fashioned Caramel Corn recipe that is a blast from my childhood.
- Watermelon: Florida watermelon season officially ended in July but you can still find sweet Florida watermelon at your grocers. Try making dehydrated watermelon this amazing watermelon candy is the perfect sweet dried fruit snack.
How to preserve fresh fruit and vegetables
Does the idea of stocking your pantry full of preserved fresh fruits and vegetables intrigue you? Did you know that you can dehydrate almost every fruit and vegetable you like and store them for months without worrying about refrigeration?
Check out my Food Dehydrator page for recipes for all of the fruits and vegetables I have been dehydrating to fill my pantry.
If you like to go hiking or camping dehydrated foods are perfect to pack for your trip.
Florida Produce by the Month
- Florida Produce in season during January
- Florida Produce in season during February
- Florida Produce in season during March
- Florida Produce in season during April
- Florida Produce in season during May
- Florida Produce in season during June
- Florida Produce in season during July
- Florida Produce in season during August
- Florida Produce in season during September
- Florida Produce in season during October
- Florida Produce in season during November
- Florida Produce in season during December