Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy Recipe
This old-fashioned homemade Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy Recipe brings back childhood memories.
The chocolate covered jellies candy is one of my favorite holiday candies I enjoyed as a child.
Disclosure: Product links are affiliate links. Flour On My Face is a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Gooseberry Patch Hometown Christmas Cookbook
I am so excited to have found the (affiliate link) Gooseberry Patch Hometown Christmas cookbook.
I have been a Gooseberry Patch fan for years.
As soon as I had a chance I started paging through my copy of the Gooseberry Patch Hometown Christmas (affiliate link) recipes.
I couldn't wait to try a few but as soon as I came across the Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy recipe in the Tree Trimming Treats chapter I knew I had to make this old-fashioned jellies candy recipe first.
I'll tell you why in a moment.
What I love about the Hometown Christmas cookbook
Everything! what is not to love.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
Vintage Family Recipes
I have a nice collection of my husband's grandmothers and great-grandmothers cookbooks.
What I love about those old family cookbooks is the history that comes with the recipes.
In the Gooseberry Patch Hometown Christmas cookbook, I get the same feeling of nostalgia as I read through the recipes.
Hometown Christmas is packed full of reader-submitted Christmas recipes. Each recipe has a little story about the recipe.
I love reading about the history of a recipe. Old vintage family recipes excite me and I love making them.
Old Fashioned Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy Recipe
As soon as I saw this Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy recipe and read the story from Teanda Smith from Saint Albans, ME about how her Dad loved the Raspberry Jellies candy that used to come in chocolate gift boxes.
Her story reminded me of how I had also loved these candies as a child and how my grandmother would always let me eat the raspberry jellies out of the gift boxes she received during the holidays.
I made a couple of slight changes to the recipe.
I made my Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy in Wilton candy molds (affiliate link).
I also used LORANN raspberry candy flavoring instead of Raspberry extract.
And I used Wilton Candy Melts instead of the chocolate chips.
Dipping anything in melted chocolate can be tricky sometimes. So check out my tips.
I have used chocolate chips in the past but Wilton Candy melts are so much easier to use.
They don't seize as quickly as chocolate chips.
You can use whatever works for you. Some people have no problem using chocolate chips.
Print the Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy recipe belowPrint
Surprise your friends and family with these old fashioned homemade Chocolate Raspberry Jellies Candy for a homemade holiday.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, mix pectin, water and baking soda; stir until foamy.
- In a separate 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and corn syrup.
- Place both pans over high heat at the same time.
- Cook both mixtures. stirring constantly, about 4 minutes, until foam in pectin mixture has thinned and sugar mixture is boiling rapidly.
- Stirring constantly, pour pectin mixture in a slow steady stream into the boiling sugar mixture. Continue boiling one minute longer.
- Remove from heat, stir in flavoring or extract.
- Immediately pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan or greased candy molds as I have used.
- Let stand at room temperature overnight until firm.
- Turn candy out onto wax paper sprinkled with sugar. Cut candy into ¾ inch squares with a knife dipped into warm water if you used a loaf pan.
- If you used candy molds turn the candy out and roll in sugar.
- Allow candy to air dry over night before dipping in chocolate.
- Dip squares or molded jellies into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper until hardened.
- Serving Size: 1 Piece
- Calories: 149
Keywords: Chocolate Covered Raspberry Jellies Candy, old fashioned Raspberry Jellies Candy recipe, Raspberry Jelly Candy, Old Fashioned Christmas Candy Recipes