Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts Recipe
A homemade candied nuts recipe like this Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts recipe is perfect for the holidays.
Candied nuts are another Christmas candy recipe that is easy to make and your friends and family will love getting a bag or jar filled with these candied pecans as a Christmas gift.
Gourmet Candied Nuts
Gourmet Candied Nuts can be a very expensive holiday treat to buy. When you make homemade candied nuts you can save more than half the cost of the candied nuts if you make them yourself.
Put a bowl of these Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts out when guests drop by and they will be begging you for the recipe.
Be sure to sign up for updates from Flour On My Face so you can keep getting my new recipes as I post them.
As I mentioned earlier candied nuts are very easy to make. All you need are some nuts, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and an egg white wash. Today I am sharing a recipe to make candied pecans.
In the past I have used a mixture of pecans, walnuts and almonds. You can use just one type of nuts or any combination of your favorite nuts to make candied nuts.
A mixture of sugar, cinnamon and vanilla along with an egg white wash that will help the cinnamon sugar stick to the nuts and hold this crunchy and sweet treat all together.
A little mixing and whisking and you have a gourmet candy to give away to your friends and family this holiday season. Or keep them all to yourself and share them when guests drop by for the holidays.
You can also omit the cinnamon and vanilla and just make plain candied nuts if you would rather have plain candied nuts.
Ingredients to make Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts
- shelled pecan halves
- whole almonds
- shelled walnut halves
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- whisked egg whites
- cold water
How to make Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts
Step 1: Put the nuts in a large bowl and set aside.
Step 2: Mix the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl, whisking to combine.
Step 3: Next whisk the egg whites and water until it is frothy, about 2 minutes.
Step 4: Pour the egg whites over the nuts in the bowl. Toss the nuts with the egg whites to coat all sides of the nuts evenly.
Step 5: Pour the sugar over the nuts and mix until the nuts are coated well.
This is how the nuts will look when they are coated well with the sugar mixture.
Step 6: After coating the nuts with the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla mixture spread the nuts out on a cookie sheet and bake.
Step 7: Spread nuts in a single layer on a large cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 300 F. degrees for 25 minutes. Stirring the nuts every 10 minutes until the sugar coating is crispy and dry.
Step 8: Cool completely and store the candied nuts in an airtight container or fill individual jars for holiday gifts.
Print the Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts recipe below.
Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Nuts Recipe
- 4 cups nuts (I used pecan halves this time (can use any combination of nuts. see notes))
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Measure the pecan halves into a large bowl.
- Mix the sugar, ground cinnamon and pure vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and water in a small bowl until very frothy.
- Pour the frothy egg whites over the nuts and toss well until all of the nuts are evenly coated on all the sides.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the nuts and toss to coat the nuts evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 F. degrees for 25 minutes. Tossing the sugar coated nuts every 10 minutes until the sugar coating is crispy and dry.
- Cool the candied nuts completely before storing in an airtight container. Or fill mason jars or gift bags for holiday gifts.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Nuts: I have made this candied nut recipe with a combination of nuts or one type of nut like whole pecan halves. You can used any type of nut you like as long as you use 4 cups of nuts.