Valentine’s Day Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies
These Valentine’s Day Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies are one of the easiest kid treats you will ever make. Have the kids help you dip the wafer cookies into melted chocolate and decorate them with sprinkles. The kids will have so much fun!
This is a fast and fun no-bake Valentine's Day treats treat for kids to make for Valentine's Day. You can either make them ahead of the big day and surprise the kids or you can let them help make them and pass the cute homemade Valentine Day treats out on the big day.
Easy Valentine Treats for the Kids
The kids really love decorating with sprinkles. At least I know my kids did and now my two oldest granddaughters love to go to town with a
bottle of sprinkles.
Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies Supplies
Wafer cookies: You can buy white, chocolate or pink wafer cookies at Walmart.
All you need is one or two packages of wafer cookies. Over the years I have used vanilla and strawberry wafer cookies. They are also available in chocolate but they were out the day I was shopping.
Chocolate coating: A bag of Candy Melts, chocolate chips or white chocolate melting wafers.
Sprinkles: You can dip and decorate one package of wafer cookies with one bottle of sprinkles. I like to make a combination of dipped wafer cookies with a different assortment of sprinkles.
Parchment Paper: To line the cookie sheets so the melted chocolate will not stick.
One or two large cookie sheets: This will depend on how many dipped wafer cookies you will make. Two large cookie sheets will be enough for about 30 - 40 dipped wafer cookies. One package of the wafer cookies I bought has 24 cookies.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
How To Make Valentine Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies
This Valentine's Day treat is really an inexpensive Valentine treat to make. It cost me less than $6.50 to make the chocolate-dipped wafer cookies.
Melt the chocolate in a food-grade plastic container in the microwave.
Dip the end of each of the wafer cookies into the melted chocolate. Or use a spoon to spread the chocolate on the wafer cookie.
Place each of the cookies down on a cookie sheet that is lined with a piece of parchment paper.
Shake some Valentine sprinkles over and on top of the melted and soft chocolate.
Repeat until all of the cookies have been dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles.
Let the chocolate harden and store in an airtight container or make Valentine's Day Treat Bags like I have done.
Homemade Valentine Day Treat Bag Toppers
I love to make holiday treats for the kids and then package them up into fun little treat bags. The kids love getting a special holiday-themed treat bag.
But today I was in a hurry as I was updating the photos for these Valentines Day Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies.
I ran into the Dollar store to see if I could find some ribbon to tie around the top of the wafer cookie treat bags.
I saw some paper Valentine's Day gift bags that were two for a $1.00 and I knew I could easily cut the paper gift bags up and use them for treat bag toppers.
I cut a test treat bag topper and trimmed it to the size I needed for the cellophane treat bag size I was using. I ended up cutting strips of the Valentine's Day paper bag into 2 ½ inch x 4 ½ inch strips.
Easy Treat Bag Supplies
- Paper Valentine's Day gift bags: I used 2 small paper gift bags and part of a larger paper gift bag.
- Cellophane Treat Bags: I used 4 x 2 x 9.5-inch pleated cellophane treat bags
- Scissor or Paper cutter: To cut the paper gift bag apart and into strips.
- Stapler: To close the cellophane bag and to secure the Valentine's Dat Treat Bag Topper to the treat bag.
How to assemble Valentine Treat Bags with a Paper Treat Bag Topper
Step 1: Cut the front and back from the paper gift bag. Use a ruler or a paper cutter with a grid to cut out strips of the paper into 2 ½ by 4 ½ inch strips. Position the paper before cutting so the pattern runs horizontally. This way the pattern will be in the correct position when you fold the strip over the top of the treat bag. Fold each strip in half along the long end.
Step 2: Put 3 sprinkle decorated chocolate-dipped wafer cookies into each cellophane bag.
Step 3: Fold over the top of the cellophane treat bag towards the back of the bag twice. Staple the bag closed.
Step 4: Take one strip of the paper and place it so the fold is on the edge at the top of the filled treat bag. Center the treat bag topper on the bag edge. On a flat surface press the strip of paper flat. Use the stapler to staple the treat bag topper to the cellophane bag. Continue until you have filled all the treat bags and stapled a treat bag topper to each bag.
Tips for making chocolate dipped wafer cookies
You can speed it up the time it takes for the melted chocolate to harden by putting them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator immediately and bring to room temperature before storing.
When storing use parchment paper or wax paper between the layers of cookies when storing.
Chocolate dipped cookies can be made for any themed birthday party, celebration or holiday by changing up the colors of chocolate used. Like these Halloween Dipped Wafer Cookies I made.
Wilton Candy Melts come in every color of the rainbow. Sprinkles are available for every holiday.
You might also like
- Valentine's Day OREO Cookie Pops
- 60 Sweet Valentines Day Treats
- 12 Valentine’s Day Kids Activities
- Valentine's Day Strawberry Mimosa's
Print the recipe and directions to make Valentine's Day Treat Bags with a treat bag topper.
Valentines Day Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies
- 1 bag Wilton Candy Melts Chocolate Chips or White Melting Wafers
- 1 Package vanilla wafer cookies or chocolate or pink Wafer Cookies
- 2 tablespoons Sprinkles
- Slowly melt the chocolate or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip the ends of each Wafer Cookies in the melted chocolate.
- Lay each dipped wafer cookies on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
- Decorate with Sprinkles or non-perils.
- Allow the melted chocolate or candy melts to harden before storing in an air tight container.
- Optional make Valentine's Day Treat Bags with my easy treat bag topper instructions.
How To Make Valentine's Day Treat Bag Toppers
- Step 1: Cut the front and back from the paper gift bag. Use a ruler or a paper cutter with a grid to cut out strips of the paper into 2 ½ by 4 ½ inch strips. Position the paper before cutting so the pattern runs horizontally. This way the pattern will be in the correct position when you fold the strip over the top of the treat bag. Fold each strip in half along the long end.
- Step 2: Put 3 sprinkle decorated chocolate-dipped wafer cookies into each cellophane bag.
- Step 3: Fold over the top of the cellophane treat bag towards the back of the bag twice. Staple the bag closed.
- Step 4: Take one strip of the paper and place it so the fold is on the edge at the top of the filled treat bag. Center the treat bag topper on the bag edge. On a flat surface press the strip of paper flat. Use the stapler to staple the treat bag topper to the cellophane bag. Continue until you have filled all the treat bags and stapled a treat bag topper to each bag.