Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Disclosure: This Southwestern Stuffed Peppers recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh From Florida.
All opinions are 100% mine.
These Southwestern Stuffed Peppers are flavored with taco seasoning. If you were never that impressed with the flavor of stuffed peppers you need to try this recipe.
Add in some fresh tomatoes, sweet corn and black beans and you have a perfect meal that cooks in one skillet and is on the table in less than 40 minutes.
I buy Florida produce every time I go grocery shopping. I am a label reader.
I make it a point to buy produce that has been grown in Florida and so can you.
My Southwestern Stuffed Peppers recipe was inspired by a Taco-Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe I saw.
This is a very easy stuffed pepper recipe to make. The filling is made in one skillet then stuffed into the peppers and baked for about 20 minutes.
You can get dinner on the table in less than 40 minutes!
How to make Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
You will need to brown the ground beef, onion and garlic first.
Add the taco seasoning, water, corn, black beans, tomatoes and shredded cheese to the stuffed pepper filling in the skillet.
Let the filling cook for a few minutes so the cheese can melt. Remove the skillet from the burner to cool just enough to add the remaining shredded cheese.
Fill the bell peppers, top with more shredded cheese and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the filling is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Top with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and salsa if desired.
More bell pepper recipes
Click the buttons below in the recipe card to print, save to Pinterest or save the recipe to your favorites.
Leave a comment if you have a question about this or any other recipes I have shared. Tried one of my recipes? Leave a star rating on the recipe. Leaving a rating really helps me out. Thanks! Come hang out with me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
- 6 Florida Bell Pepper halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 large Florida tomatoes diced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack or cheddar cheese
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 ear Florida Sweet Corn kernels cut from the cob
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream
- Crushed tortilla chips optional
- In a large skillet sauté the diced onion until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and garlic to the skillet and sauté until the meat is cooked through.
- Drain grease from the pan.
- Add tomato, corn, and black beans.
- Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the pan.
- Stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the burner and cool.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheese and stir well.
- Stuff each pepper half. Place each pepper half on a cookie sheet that has been lined with aluminum.
- Top each pepper half with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 10-20 minutes until cheese topping is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and some crushed tortilla chips.