Enjoy the delicious flavor of Pulled Buffalo Chicken Wraps with this easy simple Crock Pot chicken recipe that can be ready in less than 3 hours. A pulled buffalo chicken wrap recipe that is a quick and tasty option for lunch or dinner.
Crock Pot Pulled Buffalo Chicken is easy to make with only 4 ingredients.
It is amazing just how simple and delicious crock pot recipes can be.
I don't think a better kitchen appliance was ever invented.
I have come to rely more and more on my crock pot. I actually have a couple of crock pots in different sizes that I use depending on how many people I am planning on feeding.
Easy Crock Pot Pulled Buffalo Chicken
To make this buffalo sauce chicken recipe all you need is boneless chicken, chicken broth and a few seasonings.
We enjoyed this Pulled Buffalo Chicken on flour tortilla wraps. Or you can serve it on a bun and have Pulled Buffalo Chicken sandwiches instead.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Toppings
Add whatever toppings you would like. We used my Gourmet Buttermilk Ranch Dressing to dip our wraps in but you could top with sour cream, lettuce and tomato.
- Gourmet Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- chopped lettuce and tomato
Gourmet Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix
Rich and creamy gourmet restaurant style buttermilk ranch dressing mix. Mix the gourmet seasoning blend with fresh buttermilk and mayonnaise. Chill before serving. Use for salad dressing, wing dip, pizza dip or any other way you like to enjoy buttermilk ranch dressing.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps Ingredients
Here is a quick look at the ingredient list and instructions. You can find the full ingredient quantities and full directions in the recipe card below. P. S. You can also save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box!
- what kind of chicken: boneless skinless white or dark meat chicken
- chicken broth: low sodium or full flavor chicken broth is fine.
- herbs & seasonings: bay leaf, ground black pepper and salt
- buffalo sauce: use your favorite buffalo sauce
- serving ideas: flour tortillas, rolls or buns
📌Pro Tip how to avoid making dry chicken
📌overcooked dry crock pot chicken: It is very easy to overcook boneless chicken in the slow cooker. It only takes a couple of hours to cook medium size pieces of boneless chicken in the crock pot. Use an internal instant read thermometer to check. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
Pulled Buffalo Chicken Directions
Follow the easy step by step directions below to make delicious shredded buffalo chicken.
Step 1: Place the boneless chicken breasts, the chicken broth, dried bay leaf, and the ground black pepper into the crock pot.
Step 2: Cook on the chicken on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked through the center of the thickest section.
Step 3: Remove the cooked chicken from the crock pot and put the pieces in a bowl to cool slightly.
Step 4: Carefully pour the liquids through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the solids and save the broth. You will need a ½ cup to 1 cup of the broth later.
Step 5: Shred the chicken with two forks into bite size pieces.
Step 6: Return the shredded chicken and ½ cup of chicken broth to the crock pot and turn the temperature to low.
Pour 1 cup of buffalo sauce over the chicken. You can add more broth to thin the sauce or more buffalo sauce as needed.
Step 7: Place the lid on and cook on low for another hour or until the chicken is piping hot.
How to serve pulled Buffalo Chicken
Pulled buffalo chicken is a delicious easy meal everyone will love. It is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Serve the spicy shredded chicken in a warm tortilla or on a hamburger bun with buttermilk ranch dressing, shredded lettuce and dice tomato.
Buffalo chicken wraps are a versatile meal that can be made to suit the tastes of everyone. Some will love to pour Ranch dressing on for the creamy cooling flavor it adds. While others might enjoy shredded lettuce and diced tomato on their buffalo chicken wraps. To each his own when it comes to enjoying spicy buffalo chicken wraps.
It depends on the recipe. If the crockpot recipe calls for cooking the chicken in a broth or gravy the chicken should be covered or some areas of the chicken will be undercooked.
Pro Recipe Tips
- Do not over cook the chicken.
- Cooking times will vary based on how large and thick the chicken pieces are.
- Using small chicken tender sized pieces? small pieces of chicken may be done as quickly as an hour. Use a thermometer to check after the first hour and every 30 minutes after the first hour. Depending on the size they can overcook quickly. I recommend using larger pieces of chicken.
- low carb recipe: this buffalo pulled chicken recipe is a delicious low carb recipe.
More buffalo recipes
Love spicy buffalo sauce recipes? Check out my other recipes.
Print the Easy Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wraps recipe below.
Crock Pot Pulled Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 8 medium tortillas or rolls
- Place the chicken, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt and ground black pepper into a 6 or 8 quart slow cooker.
- Place the lid on and slow cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and place in a bowl to cool.
- Carefully pour the broth from the pot through a fine mesh strainer. Discard the solids and reserve a cup of the broth. Set aside.
- Using two fork shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Return the shredded chicken and ½ cup of chicken broth to the crock pot.
- Pour one cup of buffalo wing sauce over the shredded chicken in crock pot and stir to coat the chicken.
- Turn the crock pot on low and slow cook for one hour to heat.
- Serve the pulled buffalo chicken in a warm tortilla with homemade ranch dressing.
Looking for more Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes? Head over to my Crock Pot Chicken Recipes page where you'll find all my crock pot chicken recipes.
More Crock Pot Recipes
Check out the rest of my crock pot recipes on my Crock Pot Recipes Page.