Crock Pot Honey BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings
These Crock Pot Honey BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings are finger licking good. If you love a little sweet and spicy in your life then these slow cooker chicken wings are for you. Grab a pile of napkins cause your going to be in sticky chicken wing heaven.
When you slow cook chicken wings in a crock pot they turn out fall off the bone tender and the sauce you have cooked them in is soaked right up by the meat.
The entire chicken wing is infused with the sweet and spicy flavor of the honey BBQ buffalo sauce.
How to make Crock Pot Honey BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings
Making Honey BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings in a slow cooker is pretty easy. Like most crock pot recipes slow cooker chicken wings are pretty much a dump and go recipe.
One of the tricks though is to not over fill the crock pot with so much bbq sauce that the chicken wings are completely submerged in the honey bbq buffalo sauce. Don’t get me wrong. The chicken wings will cook and they will be fall apart tender. They will literally fall apart when you serve them.
How to make golden brown crock pot chicken wings
Now as you can see these Crock Pot Honey BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings are a beautiful color. If you’ve ever made chicken wings in the slow cooker before you may not have know about a sneaky little step you will mostly likely need to take once the chicken wings have finished slow cooking.
A quick little trip under the broiler will have your slow cooker chicken wings looking like they could grace the cover of your favorite food magazine.
Tips for making perfect crock pot chicken wings
- Do not over sauce.
- Cook them in a single layer if possible – at the most two layers deep.
- Baste and broil the slow cooked chicken wings for a few minutes to get that golden crispy flavor.
- Serve them with an awesome ranch dipping sauce!
Crock Pot Honey BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings are sweet with just a hint of spicy buffalo flavor. Dipped in homemade ranch dressing you chicken wing fans will be begging for more.
- 5 lbs chicken wings, tips removed and cut into sections
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, plus enough for basting (I used Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce, plus 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- celery sticks (optional)
- Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (optional)
How to cook the chicken wings
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels.
- Trim the wing tips then cut the drummette and flat midsection in half at the joint.
- Place the chicken wings in a crock pot slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix the bbq sauce, honey, buffalo sauce and garlic salt.
- Pour the wing sauce over the chicken wings in the slow cooker.
- Turn the crock pot on high, cover and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Once the chicken wings are cooked through carefully transfer the hot wings to a large cookie sheet. Arrange them in a single layer.
- Drizzle the wings with about 3 tablespoons of buffalo sauce for medium hot wings. Add more if you like very hot wings.
- Baste the wings with more bbq sauce and broil for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with celery sticks and homemade spicy ranch dressing.
- Serves 4.
How to make Homemade Spicy Ranch Dressing
Linking up with Watcha Crockin’ this week.