Crock Pot Hot Shrimp Dip
If you love warm and gooey crock pot dip recipes you are going to love this Crock Pot Hot Shrimp Dip recipe.
Hot dip recipes are one of the easiest crock pot recipes you can ever make.
Summer Seafood Dip recipes
Now that the weather is beautiful outside family and friends will be dropping by to hang out.
Especially if you have a pool and like to throw a pool party or two during the summer months.
This cheesy seafood dip recipe is a perfect dip recipe for those sultry days of summer.
Shrimp recipes scream summer is here!
Crock Pot Hot Dip Recipes
Crock pot hot dip recipes make an easy appetizer to serve when you are entertaining guests.
You can serve this hot Shrimp Dip right from the crock pot.
Or you can serve it from (affiliate link) a chip and dip platter.
How to make Crock Pot Hot Shrimp Dip
To quote my friend and neighbor Darla "OMG IT'S FREAKING AMAZING!" I think that pretty much sums up how good this easy hot shrimp dip recipe tastes.
Crock Pot Hot Shrimp Dip is so easy to make.
You put all the fresh ingredients into a crock pot and let the crock pot do all the work for you.
I used frozen Florida Pink Shrimp I bought at the grocery store. I like to keep a couple of pounds of frozen shrimp in the freezer. It is so easy to make a quick shrimp appetizer when you have frozen shrimp on hand.
You may have figured out by now that Gulf Pink Shrimp (Florida Pink Shrimp) is my favorite shrimp.
It only takes a couple of hours on low to make Hot Shrimp Dip in the crock pot. Every once in a while check on the dip to make sure the crock pot you are using doesn't have any hot spots and is burning all that gooey cheese in one spot.
I used (affiliate links) a 2.5-quart crock pot to make this hot dip recipe. I like to use this size crock pot to make my crock pot dips.
You can find more of my Crock Pot Recipes on the Crock Pot Recipes Page
Scroll to the bottom of the post for more Summer Shrimp Recipes
Print or Pin the Crock Pot Hot Shrimp Dip Recipe Below
Crock Pot Hot Shrimp Dip
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon (cooked crispy and chopped)
- 1 medium sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 5 Jumbo uncooked shrimp (peeled, deveined and chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (adjust to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 drops hot sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- Cook, drain and chop the bacon and set aside.
- Chop the onion, tomato, and shrimp.
- Put all of the ingredients (except the cream cheese) into a 2.5-quart crock pot.
- Stir to combine and cook on low until creamy, about 2 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Turn the crock pot on warm if serving from the crock pot.
- Makes about 3 cups of Shrimp Dip.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Serving Safety: If serving in a warm (outdoor summer heat) setting nestle the dip bowl in a bed of ice.
- Serving ideas: Serve with crackers or chips.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate any leftovers.
If you love shrimp recipes you might like to check out a few of my other shrimp recipes below.
For more Shrimp recipes check out