Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes with herbs
Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes is an easy chicken crock pot recipe served with herbed baby potatoes.
When you lift the crock pot lid the aroma of fresh herbs cooked with the chicken and potatoes will have you drooling.
Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes is a very easy crock pot meal you can make for the family.
How to prep the potatoes
I used red baby potatoes and cut the larger potatoes in half so they would cook quicker. Whole potatoes take much longer to cook in the crock pot than boneless chicken does.
If you have large whole potatoes cut them into small pieces before adding to the crock pot.
A bit of olive oil and melted butter help flavor the baby potatoes.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
Fresh rosemary and fresh parsley picked from my herb garden along with minced garlic, salt and pepper season the potatoes.
I love cooking with fresh herbs and have all of my favorite herbs growing in pots. If you don’t have fresh herbs you can use dried herbs instead.
As the chicken and potatoes slow cook in the crock pot the fresh herbs also flavor the boneless chicken breasts.
Boneless Chicken Recipes
My family prefers boneless skinless chicken breasts so that is what I cook with most often.
You could use skinless or skin-on boneless chicken thighs instead. Chicken thighs are more flavorful and if your family will eat dark chicken meat (mine will not) then feel free to use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for this recipe.
Tips for this crock pot recipe
- Use baby potatoes or cut full-size potatoes into small pieces.
- Check the chicken after 2 hours to prevent overcooking.
- If the chicken is finished before the potatoes remove the chicken from the crock pot and cover tightly to prevent it from drying out. Continue to cook the potatoes until they a fork-tender.
- Dry herbs may be used in place of fresh herbs.
- Brown the cooked chicken and herbed potatoes under a broiler for 5 minutes before serving.
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
I have an entire page full of easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes for you!
Crock Pot Recipes
Looking for more easy crock pot recipes like this one? I have shared over 220 easy crock pot recipes. You can find them on my Crock Pot Recipe Page.
Print the Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes recipe below and check out the video!Print
Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
Boneless chicken breasts cooked over herbed baby potatoes is a favorite Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 heaping teaspoon of fresh minced rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to season chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to season chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or about 3 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- Prepare the baby potatoes by rinsing with cold water and cutting the larger potatoes in half.
- Put the potatoes into the bottom of a 6 quart or 7 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- Pour the olive oil and melted butter over the potatoes.
- Add the parsley, rosemary, minced garlic, ground pepper and salt to the crock pot. Use a large spoon to toss the potatoes with the herbs, spices, olive oil and butter to coat well.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on top of the crock pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours (see note) or cook until the center of the thickest piece of chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. degrees.
- Spoon the juices from the crock pot over the chicken and potatoes when serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
- The length of cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes and the size of the chicken pieces you are cooking in the crock pot.
- I would not recommend cooking thin chicken breasts or chicken tender size cut pieces of boneless chicken. The small pieces of chicken will overcook long before the potatoes are cooked through.
- If you must use small pieces of chicken cook the potatoes by themselves for 2 to 3 hours before adding the thin pieces of chicken to the crock pot. Then you must keep a close eye on the chicken. Boneless chicken cooks very quickly in a crock pot.
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast with Potatoes
- Calories: 675
- Carbohydrates: 28.8
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 64.9g
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes, Herbed Potatoes, Slow Cooker Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken Recipes