The Beginners Guide To Growing A Cocktail Herb Garden
Disclosure: This Beginners Guide To Growing A Cocktail Herb Garden post has been sponsored by Bonnie Plants and Miracle Gro. All opinions are mine.
This year I have decided to grow a Cocktail Herb Garden. Herb gardens are the easiest gardens to plant. If you have always wanted an herb garden but don’t know where to start, I am going to show you how easy it is to grow your favorite herbs so that you can enjoy using fresh herbs in cocktails or your cooking.
In my area here in Florida, it is time to plant your herbs and vegetable plants.
This is my favorite time of year because I love gardening. It wasn’t always like that, though; when I first started gardening here in Florida, I didn’t know where to start.
Over the years, I have learned a few things. Mostly by trial and error.
If you have never started a garden or planted herbs in a container you are in for a treat. I am going to show you just how easy it is to grow fresh herbs at home.
Update 4/23/2018 less than a month after planting my cocktail herb garden I am so pleased with how well it has grown. Scroll to the bottom of the page for an updated photo!
Anyone Can Plant a Container Garden
Even if you don’t have a suitable area in your yard to plant herbs in the ground or for a vegetable garden, you can still plant an herb or vegetable container garden.
It is so easy. Once you get a taste for using your own freshly-grown herbs or vegetables in your cooking or in your favorite cocktail recipes, you will fall in love with gardening and look forward to Spring every year like I do.
Anyone can grow a few herb or vegetable plants in a nice, sunny spot in their yard.
This is the perfect chance for you to start gardening if you have always wanted to grow your own food to save money or to be able to walk out into the yard and harvest fresh herbs while cooking or making fresh herb cocktails.
Growing a few of your favorite herbs in a container is an easy way to start gardening for a beginner.
4 Simple Tips for Beginning Gardeners
Start with high-quality Bonnie Plants: they have a wide variety of herbs and vegetable plants, along with Miracle-Gro garden supplies that you can find at Walmart.
Bonnie and Miracle-Gro products are the plant and garden supplies I trust and rely on year after year.
- Garden Soils: Start with-quality gardening soils like Miracle-Gro soils. You can check out their website to figure out which soil is best for your garden.
- Gardening Zones: Know your USDA Plant Hardiness Zone- also known as your growing zone. Knowing your growing zone will help you pick out and plant the herb and vegetable plants that will thrive and produce the best during the growing season in your backyard garden.
- Sunshine: Pick out a sunny spot in your yard for a garden bed or an area where your container cocktail herb garden will get at least 6 hours of sunlight each day. Herbs and vegetable plants need lots of sunlight to grow and flourish.
- Watering your garden: Plant or place your container herb garden near a water source. Being able to easily water your garden when it is dry is very important. You can use a hose or a watering can to water your garden during dry periods when there isn’t much rainfall in your area.
Miracle Gro website is packed full of information for the beginning gardener.
What is a Cocktail Herb Garden or A Bartender’s Garden?
A Cocktail Herb Garden or a Bartender’s Garden, as it is also known, is an herb garden that has been planted with all of the herb plants you would use to mix your favorite herb-infused cocktails or herb-infused drinks like a lemon basil herbal soda.
It’s the perfect time of year to start planning your herb and vegetable garden so that you will be ready for all your backyard summer celebrations.
What kind of cocktails or herb-infused drinks can you make when you have your own Cocktail Herb Garden? One of my favorite summer time cocktails is the Mojito.
Walmart Store Pick up is available for all your gardening needs
Walmart makes it easy to shop for Bonnie plants and Miracle Gro gardening products.
You can plan your cocktail herb garden or vegetable garden from home, and find everything you need in the Walmart Garden Center.
Everything you need to plant a Cocktail Herb Garden or a vegetable garden is available in the Walmart Garden Center.
Easy Herbs To Grow for an Amazing Cocktail Garden
- Sweet Basil
- Cinnamon Basil
- Lemon Balm
- Garden Sage
- Sweet Mint
- Chocolate Mint
- German Thyme
- English Thyme
- Lemon Thyme
Bonnie Plants and Walmart have all the gardening supplies you need to plant a Cocktail Herb Garden or any type of gardening project you plan to do.
Miracle-Gro gardening products are my choice when it comes to gardening.
They are American-made and they have been around for over 150 years!
Having used a lot of different gardening brands in the past 30+ years I have been gardening,
I know that I can trust and rely on Miracle-Gro to help me grow the best fresh herbs and the biggest vegetable plants every single year.
The Benefits of Miracle Gro Soils
When I plant my raised bed gardens or container garden, I know my plants will grow 2 to 3 times as big compared to other gardening products I have used. It’s been scientifically tested and proved.
Miracle-Gro Potting Soil feeds your plants for up to six months, so I don’t have to worry if I am fertilizing my newly potted herb plants the correct way to get them off to a healthy start.
Miracle-Gro Garden Soil feeds for up to three months, and it’s the best choice for garden soil when you need to amend your in-ground garden bed or raised garden beds.
Planting herb plants in containers is easy!
How To Plant a Cocktail Herb Garden
- Herb plants
- a container with drain holes, a sunny area in your yard, or a raised garden bed
- Miracle-Gro Potting Soil for containers or Scotts Miracle-Gro Garden Soil for in-ground planting
- A water source (which can be a garden hose or a watering can)
- Miracle-Gro Plant Food to start a plant feeding schedule 30 days after planting
- Pick out and buy the herbs you love and will use when you make your favorite cocktail recipes.
- Fill the container with Scotts Miracle-Gro Potting Soil.
- Arrange the herb plants in the container. You can place the tallest herbs in the center like I have or you can arrange the tallest herbs towards the back of the container.
- Fill the areas around the herb plants with more potting soil so the roots are completely covered and the soil at the top of the herb plant is even with the potting soil in the container.
- Water the freshly planted herb plants well.
- Place the cocktail herb garden in a slightly shaded area so the herb plants can recover from the shock of being transplanted.
- Gradually move the container cocktail herb garden into full sunlight.
- Watch your newly planted Cocktail Herb Garden grow and thrive.
- Pick herbs as needed for your fresh herb cocktail recipes – it’s as easy as that!
Less than 30 days later my Cocktail Herb Garden is huge!
I’ve been sipping on herbal cocktails like the Spicy Jalapeno Thyme Margarita recipe.