Amazing Pumpkin Pie
This pumpkin pie recipe is really amazing. It is thick and rich. I discovered a secret ingredient years ago when I was making my Thanksgiving Day Pumpkin Pie recipe.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love cooking and baking so I look forward to the big feast for months. Planning the big meal isn’t very hard. Only a few of the dishes I make change. It is a given that there will be turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and pumpkin pie.
One year while I was up baking my pumpkin pies on Thanksgiving Eve I realized I lost my wedding band!
I had also been making a bread stuffing earlier and panic seized me as I realized the ring could be in the stuffing since I had used my hands to mix it.
|Note to my husband.|
November is National Bread Baking month and the teacher had sent home the instruction sheet to make Bread in a Bag.
|How to Make Bread In A Bag|
My ring showed up the next morning when I was rummaging around in some shopping bags I had stashed some Christmas gifts and Thanksgiving decorations in.
Eat one for Thanksgiving Day and tightly wrap the other one in plastic wrap and freeze it to get a head start on your Christmas baking.
If you don’t need two pies you can half the recipe.
An Amazing Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Pumpkin Pie recipe
- 2 unbaked pie shells
- 1- 29 ounce can of pumpkin or
- 4 cups of fresh pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare your pie crusts. You can use homemade or store bought, the choice is yours.
- Add the sugar, spices and salt to a large bowl and whisk until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with a fork and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk to the large bowl with the sugar mixture.
- Pour the eggs in the bowl.
- Beat on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes until everything is combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the two pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 450 degrees.
- After 15 minutes lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the center is solid.
- A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 2 hours.
- Serve after cooling or cover and refrigerate.