Boiled Shrimp & Spicy Garlic Dipping Sauce
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™, all opinions are my own.
Have you seen the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™ spread yet? The newest spread from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® has a creamy, buttery taste and is made with simple ingredients like non-fat yogurt, vegetable oil and a pinch of salt.
I had a chance to try it and couldn’t wait to see how it compared to other spreads and butter that I normally use for this recipe. Deliciously Simple™ has 100% Taste. 0% Artificial Preservatives. With the new year I am trying to eat healthier.
I’m am happy to report that Deliciously Simple™ tasted just as good in this Spicy Garlic Shrimp Dipping Sauce recipe as the butter or margarine spread that I normally use. This is my favorite dipping sauce recipe for shrimp, stone crab or blue crab.
As I was making it my mouth was literally watering. I couldn’t wait to dip a shrimp in and I was not disappointed.
Honestly I couldn’t tell the difference. It melted like butter and tasted like butter in this recipe.
The next time you plan on boiling up some shrimp, stone crab claws, lobster or blue crab be sure to make this Spicy Garlic Dipping Sauce to go along with it. It only takes a couple of minutes to make it and the flavor goes perfect with shellfish. Even with the time it takes to boil the shrimp this tasty meal or appetizer is ready in about 15 minutes.
When I eat shrimp or crab legs I like to cook it with just a bit of seasoning. I don’t want to overpower it with a heavy seasoning. I like to enjoy the sweet flavor of the shellfish. But when it comes to my dipping sauce I love a flavor that will complement the shellfish with a bit of garlic and a bit of zing from hot sauce.
You can find the entire recipe along with how to boil shrimp so it is tender and sweet below in Ziplist format. Be sure to save it to your recipe box for later.
- 1½ pounds uncooked fresh or frozen shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt with Parsley
- ¼ cup I Can't Believe It’s Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt w/ parsley
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- If using fresh shrimp de-head and rinse under cold water, leaving skin intact.
- Bring a large pot of water to a full rolling boil.
- Add the Italian seasoning and garlic salt to the water.
- Carefully add shrimp to the pot and boil for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through. Do not over cook.
- Place a large colander in the sink and pour the shrimp into the colander to drain. Do not rinse
- Melt the I Can't Believe It’s Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™ and the garlic salt in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until completely melted.
- Add the ketchup and hot sauce.
- Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately with boiled shrimp, stone crabs or blue crab.