Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya
Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a taste of New Orleans.
This is one of the easiest crockpot meals you will ever make that tastes so delicious you will find yourself making this Jambalaya recipe over and over.
Spicy Cajun Jambalaya
Do you love the rich and spicy flavors of Cajun food? I love spicy and Jambalaya can be as spicy as you like.
The Cajun seasoning used in this Crock Pot Jambalaya recipe gives it a punch of spicy flavors but you can also add a drop or two of hot sauce to your bowl if you need a little more heat.
I like adding a little bit of hot sauce for the flavor, not so much the heat.
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
I love the flavor combination of shrimp and sausage in this Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya recipe.
There are many different versions of Jambalaya out there.
You could even add some chicken if you like. You can make a chicken, shrimp, and sausage jambalaya recipe instead.
I used frozen shrimp for this Jambalaya recipe because I had some in the freezer. Fresh shrimp can be used if you have it instead, of course.
The shrimp I had was already deveined. Buying deveined shrimp makes peeling the thawed shrimp so much easier.
If you have an option when buying shrimp go with the deveined shrimp.
Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya
The ingredient list for this Jambalaya recipe is pretty short.
You may have heard of the Holy Trinity of Cajun cooking. Sounds very exotic, doesn't it?
The Holy Trinity is just a few basic cooking ingredients that most Cajun recipes start with.
Onions, bell peppers and celery are the three ingredients most Cajun recipes start with.
The combination of these three flavors will elevate your cooking to the next level. Use them whenever you can.
Besides the onion, bell peppers and celery there is also diced tomatoes, minced garlic, Andouille Sausage, shrimp, fresh parsley, a bay leaf, chicken broth, and Cajun seasoning in this Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya recipe.
Pretty basic ingredients that when combined and slow cooked together taste amazing.
Print the Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya recipe belowPrint
Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya recipe is made with Cajun Style Andouille Sausage, large shrimp and fresh ingredients and spices that give it that spicy Cajun flavor you love. Serve this slow cooker Jambalaya over white rice with crusty bread so you can sop up the spicy gravy.
- 12 oz Cajun Style Andouille Sausage, browned in a skillet and sliced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, (adjust if needed after cooking)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- Brown the sausage in a skillet, cool and slice.
- Pour the diced tomatoes into the crock pot. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, bay leaf and garlic to the crock pot.
Add the Cajun seasoning and fresh parsley. Add the sliced sausage and broth.
- Cover the crock pot and cook for 3 hours on high, 4 or 5 hours on low.
- After 3 hours add the cleaned shrimp, stir and recover. Cook another 15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Remaining cooking time will depend on the size of shrimp used and if you are cooking on high or low.
- If you like a thicker broth mix the cornstarch with the water and add to the crock pot and mix in well to thicken the broth.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
- Makes 6 Servings.
- Calories: 296
- Carbohydrates: 801g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 24.6g
Keywords: Crock Pot Jambalaya, Shrimp Jambalaya, Sausage Jambalaya, Spicy Crock Pot recipes,