How to make a Crock Pot Vegetable Pasta Soup
A Crock Pot Vegetable Noodle soup is one of the easiest and economical crock pot soup recipes you can make.
Crock Pots or Slow Cookers as they are known in some parts of the country are here to make our lives easier. Pull it out from that cabinet and use it today!
Basic Ingredients to make a crock pot vegetable pasta soup recipe
If you keep some basic ingredients on hand you can throw together a delicious vegetable pasta soup recipe to cook in the crock pot that is filling and satisfying for the whole family.
The best thing about cooking in a crock pot is that all you have to do is throw the ingredients into the crock pot and forget about it until dinner time.
There is no right way or wrong way to make a crock pot soup recipe. You could make a crock pot soup recipe 20 times a year and come up with a different recipe each time by switching up the ingredients you use.
As long as you have some basic soup ingredients on hand you’ll never go hungry.
And it doesn’t matter if you do not have all of these ingredients on hand. You can change your recipe simply by adding or leaving out some of the ingredients that I have listed.
I make my crock pot soup the same way I make a traditional pot of soup. The first thing I do is take a quick inventory of the pantry, freezer, and refrigerator.
Basic ingredients for a crock pot soup.
- chicken, beef or vegetables broth or bouillon cubes
- pasta or rice
- canned vegetables
- fresh vegetables
- jarred or fresh minced garlic
- canned beans
- salt and pepper
- soup seasonings, fresh or dried herbs
Sometimes I will add chicken to my soup but if I don’t have chicken on hand or just feel like making a vegetable soup I skip the chicken all together.
If I am using chicken I may use skinless boneless chicken breasts or bone-in chicken breasts.
I made a crock pot Southwestern Chicken Chili using the Tyson Grilled and Ready Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips that turned out really good. The Tyson chicken is fully cooked so you can throw it in the crock pot at anytime.
When I use raw chicken I will cook it separately and use the homemade chicken stock instead of canned stock.
You can read how I make a homemade chicken stock in this recipe for Homemade Chicken Soup
Print the Crock Pot Vegetable Pasta Soup recipe belowPrint
Crock Pot Vegetable Pasta Soup recipe
Enjoy hot piping soup any time of the year with this How to make Crock Pot Vegetable Pasta Soup recipe. Vegetable Noodle Soup in the crock pot is easy to make and delicious to eat.
- 1 large can of Chicken Broth
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 can Black beans
- 1 can Cannellini beans
- 1 can of Great Northern beans
- 1 small can corn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans or a can of green beans
- 8 ounces pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Simmer the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan until the garlic is slightly browned to wake up the flavors.
- Pour the onion, garlic and olive oil into the crockpot.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the pasta to your crockpot.
- Turn your crockpot on high.
- Cook the soup on high for 3-4 hours until all the ingredients are heated through.
- After about 3 1/2 hours add the pasta.
- Cook for the remaining hour, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook for the remaining 1/2 or until the pasta is eldente.Turn the crockpot to the warming setting.
- Serve with a slice of buttered french bread.
- Category: Crock Pot Soup Recipes
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 951
Keywords: Crock Pot Soup recipes, crock pot vegetable soup, crock pot vegetable and pasta soup
For more crock pot soup recipes head to my crock pot soup recipes page.
For all my other Crock Pot recipes head to the crock pot recipe page.