With the holidays fast approaching I know that not everyone likes to serve turkey and ham for holiday meals.
There have been times when I have served lasagna instead of a traditional turkey or ham dinner for the holidays.
Homemade meatballs meets cheese filled raviolis meets lasagna. It's a match made in heaven. The best of three worlds you could say.
The Meatball Ravioli Lasagna recipe comes together very quickly.
If you want to make it even faster and cut out the time it takes to make homemade meatballs you could use a bag of large frozen meatballs instead.
Homemade meatballs are so good and so easy to make you should try this recipe with homemade meatballs at least once.
How to make Meatball Ravioli Lasagna
To make this Lasagna recipe you will need the ingredients to make homemade meatballs (if making), a jar of Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce , a jar of chunky Tomato, Garlic and Onion Sauce, a bag of large cheese raviolis, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
Mix together the meatball ingredients and form the meatballs. Brown them in a skillet, carefully drain the grease from the pan and pour the jar of Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce over the meatballs.
Simmer about 25 minutes until the meatballs are completely cooked.
If using frozen meatballs simmer the meatballs in the sauce until heated through.
When the meatballs are almost done boil the ravioli following the directions on the package and drain. Mix the ricotta cheese with the egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Begin layering the ravioli lasagna by putting about a cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish to prevent sticking.
Add a single layer of ravioli.
Top the ravioli with a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture and a layer of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat the layers until you run out of ravioli.
Top the final layer of ravioli with the meatballs.
Top the meatballs with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
Bake the Meatball Ravioli Lasagna for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the center is piping hot.
Serve with some crusty Italian Bread or garlic bread.
More pasta recipes
Email questions or recipe requests to email@example.com. Follow me on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
Meatball Ravioli Lasagna
- 18 medium meatballs (homemade or frozen)
- 24 ounce Sautéed Onion and Beef flavored pasta Sauce
- 24 ounce large frozen cheese ravioli
- 24 ounce Chunky Tomato and garlic flavored pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the homemade meatballs as directed below or use the equivalent amount of frozen meatballs and simmer them in the jar of Ragú® Meat Creations Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce until heated through.
How to Assemble
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the cheese ravioli as directed on the package and drain.
- Add 1 cup of Ragú® Chunky Tomato,Garlic and Onion Sauce to the bottom of a deep 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Add a layer of ravioli, a layer of ricotta cheese and a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat until the tray is filled with the last layer being mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe Expert Tips
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon parsley
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper Mix all ingredients well, form into meatballs. Brown all sides of the meatballs in a skillet. Carefully drain the grease from the pan. Pour one 24 ounce jar Ragú® Meat Creations Sautéed Onion and Beef sauce over the meatballs. Simmer until cooked through, about 25 minutes. Set aside.
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life
Looks delicious!! And easy, which is really nice. Some days I really need easy! Thanks for sharing it with us at Foodie Fridays! Hope you can join us again this Thursday night! 🙂
Thank you. I hope you get a chance to make the recipe.
This looks awesome. This is happening in my house on the next soccer-free, NFL weekend.
Eli I hope you enjoy the recipe.