Meatball Ravioli Lasagna
Disclosure: This Meatball Ravioli Lasagna recipe has been created by me for the Ragú® #NewTraDish mash up challenge as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions are my own.
With the holidays fast approaching I know that not everyone likes to serve turkey and ham for holiday meals. There have been times when I have served lasagna instead of a traditional turkey or ham dinner for the holidays.
When I was trying to decide what recipe I could create for the Ragú® #NewTraDish challenge I decided to mash up two of my favorite Ragú® recipes.
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs and Ragu No Boiling Lasagna was the inspiration behind this Meatball Ravioli Lasagna recipe.
Homemade meatballs meets cheese filled raviolis meets lasagna. It's a match made in heaven. The best of three worlds you could say.
The Meatball Ravioli Lasagna recipe comes together very quickly but if you want to make it even faster and cut out the time it takes to make homemade meatballs you could use a bag of large frozen meatballs instead. But homemade meatballs are so good and so easy to make you should try this recipe with homemade meatballs at least once.
How to make Meatball Ravioli Lasagna
To make this Meatball Ravioli Lasagna recipe you will need the ingredients to make homemade meatballs (if making), a jar of Ragú® Meat Creations Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce , a jar of Ragú® Chunky Tomato,Garlic and Onion Sauce, a bag of large cheese raviolis, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
Mix together the meatball ingredients and form the meatballs. Brown them in a skillet, carefully drain the grease from the pan and pour the jar of Ragú® Meat Creations Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce over the meatballs. Simmer about 25 minutes until the meatballs are completely cooked.
If using frozen meatballs simmer the meatballs in the sauce until heated through.
When the meatballs are almost done boil the ravioli following the directions on the package and drain. Mix the ricotta cheese with the egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Begin layering the ravioli lasagna by putting about a cup of the Ragú® Chunky Tomato,Garlic and Onion Sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a single layer of ravioli.
Top the ravioli with a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture and a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers until you run out of ravioli.
Top the final layer of ravioli with the meatballs. Top the meatballs with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
Bake the Meatball Ravioli Lasagna for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the center is hot.
Visit Ragú® on Facebook for additional delicious and easy Ragú® recipe ideas!
Check out Ragú® on Pinterest for additional recipes mash ups and recipe ideas!
Check out Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #NewTraDish
Meatball Ravioli Lasagna
- 16-18 medium meatballs homemade or frozen
- 24 ounce Ragú® Meat Creations Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce
- 24 ounce large frozen cheese ravioli
- 24 ounce Ragú® Chunky Tomato Garlic and Onion Sauce
- 3-4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the homemade meatballs as directed below or use the equivalent amount of frozen meatballs and simmer them in the jar of Ragú® Meat Creations Sautéed Onion and Beef Sauce until heated through.
How to Assemble
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the cheese ravioli as directed on the package and drain.
- Add 1 cup of Ragú® Chunky Tomato,Garlic and Onion Sauce to the bottom of a deep 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Add a layer of ravioli, a layer of ricotta cheese and a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat until the tray is filled with the last layer being mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon parsley
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper Mix all ingredients well, form into meatballs. Brown all sides of the meatballs in a skillet. Carefully drain the grease from the pan. Pour one 24 ounce jar Ragú® Meat Creations Sautéed Onion and Beef sauce over the meatballs. Simmer until cooked through, about 25 minutes. Set aside.