Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos with cream cheese
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos are a delicious spin on one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes you will ever make.
Easy Creamy Chicken Taco Recipe
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos are made with cream cheese and taco seasoning. The cream cheese turns boring chicken tacos into a creamy taco delight.
If you haven’t been bitten by the Instant Pot craze yet once you see how easy it is to make creamy chicken tacos in the Instant Pot you are going to put one on your wish list this year.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos Recipes
One of the first recipes I tried when I bought my Instant Pot was Instant Pot Chicken Tacos.
I love how easy it is to make shredded chicken taco filling in the Instant Pot.
The more I made my Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe the more I experimented on that easy chicken taco recipe.
As good as it is I wanted to see if I could make even better chicken tacos in the Instant Pot. Can you believe it was as easy as adding some cream cheese to it.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos is the perfect lunch or dinner recipe when unexpected guest show up.
I always have boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. So when I need to whip something up for lunch or dinner I can pull some frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer and quickly thaw them to make chicken tacos.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
You can use frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts to make Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos.
I have not used frozen chicken breasts in the pressure cooker yet.
If you do use frozen chicken for this chicken tacos recipe keep in mind that the frozen chicken is going to release moisture as it cooks. You might end up with a thinner taco sauce.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with cream cheese
Creamy chicken tacos are easy to make just by adding some cream cheese to the Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe.
I also like making Instant Pot Salsa Chicken, another two of my favorite Instant Pot recipes. You can’t get much easier than that!
I love all three of these Instant Pot Chicken Taco recipes. It depends on the mood I am in and what ingredients I have on hand which chicken taco recipe I made.
Join the Just Instant Pot Recipes Community
Have you joined the Flour On My Face Just Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group? Come hang out with others who love their Instant Pot and like sharing their favorite IP recipes!
Toppings To Put On Tacos
What are some good toppings to put on tacos? I love to top my tacos with, shredded cheese, sour cream, Salsa Verde and fresh diced or sliced Haas avocado.
Instant Pot cream cheese chicken tacos are creamy and delicious. Your family will love them because they taste so good. You will love them because they are so easy to make.
What can you make with creamy shredded chicken
You can make all of your favorite Mexican chicken dishes with the creamy shredded chicken meat.
I like to make chicken tacos but you could also make chicken nachos or chicken burritos with the creamy shredded chicken you get when you make the pressure cooker creamy chicken taco filling.
Can you freeze leftover creamy chicken taco filling made with cream cheese?
Can you freeze leftover chicken taco filling? Yes you can!
The Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos filling freezes very well. If you have left over creamy chicken taco filling you can put it in portion size freezer bags and pop it in the freezer for another day.
If freezer meals are part of your meal planning you can double this recipe and freeze it as part of your weekly meal planning.
Get More Instant Pot Recipes
Need a few more Instant Pot recipes to make your life easier? Head over to the Flour On My Face Instant Pot Recipes page for more easy Instant Pot recipes.Print
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos recipe is one of the easiest Mexican recipes you will ever make. This creamy chicken taco recipe is going to change your world.
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese
- soft taco shells
- favorite taco toppings
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot and mix the taco seasoning into the broth until lump free.
- Add the chunky salsa and stir to combine.
- Add the boneless skinless chicken to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on and lock into place. Set the pressure valve to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the time for 7 minutes. (see notes)
- Allow the Instant Pot to come up to full pressure and pressure cook the chicken.
- When the timer alerts you the appliance is finished pressure cooking carefully quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot away from your face to prevent a steam burn. Press the off button to turn off the pressure cooker.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl. Allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and return the shredded chicken meat to the Instant Pot. Press the saute button.
- Add the cream cheese to the Instant Pot. Mix the chicken, cream cheese and taco sauce in the IP together.
- Saute until the cream cheese has melted and the taco sauce has thickened. Turn the power off.
- Transfer the creamy shredded chicken taco meat to a clean bowl.
- Prepare creamy chicken tacos and top with your favorite taco topping before serving.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 157
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 20.1g
Keywords: Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos, Pressure Cooker Cream Cheese Tacos, Easy Chicken Taco recipe, Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with taco seasoning