Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos are so good and cook in about 30 minutes.
This is one of my favorite and one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes you will ever make.
Creamy Chicken Tacos are made in the instant pot with cream cheese and taco seasoning.
The cream cheese turns boring chicken tacos into a creamy taco delight.
If you haven't been bitten by the Instant Pot craze yet-once you see how easy it is to make creamy chicken tacos in the Instant Pot you are going to put one on your wish list this year.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos Recipes
One of the first recipes I tried when I bought my Instant Pot was Instant Pot Chicken Tacos.
I love how easy it is to make shredded chicken taco filling in the Instant Pot.
The more I made my Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe the more I experimented on that easy chicken taco recipe.
As good as it is I wanted to see if I could make even better chicken tacos in the Instant Pot. Can you believe it was as easy as adding some cream cheese to it.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos is the perfect lunch or dinner recipe when unexpected guest show up.
I always have boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. So when I need to whip something up for lunch or dinner I can pull some frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer and quickly thaw them to make chicken tacos.
You can use frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts to make Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos.
I have not used frozen chicken breasts in the pressure cooker yet.
If you do use frozen chicken for this chicken tacos recipe keep in mind that the frozen chicken is going to release moisture as it cooks. You might end up with a thinner taco sauce.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with cream cheese
Creamy chicken tacos are easy to make just by adding some cream cheese to the Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe.
I also like making Instant Pot Salsa Chicken, another two of my favorite Instant Pot recipes. You can't get much easier than that!
I love all three of these Instant Pot Chicken Taco recipes. It depends on the mood I am in and what ingredients I have on hand which chicken taco recipe I made.
Creamy Taco Ingredients
- taco seasoning
- chicken broth or water: chicken broth adds more flavor but water can be used if your out.
- chunky salsa: use any flavor chunky salsa you like.
- boneless skinless chicken
- cream cheese: whole or low fat
- soft taco shells: I like soft tacos but you can use hard taco shells
- favorite taco toppings:
Step 1: Mix the taco seasoning and broth or water in the IP insert pan until all the lumps have dissolved. Add salsa and mix together.
Step 2: Place the boneless chicken into the sauce. Flip it around to cover it with the taco sauce if you like.
Step 3: Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Set the pressure valve to the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the time for 7 minutes.
Step 4: Once the timer has gone off carefully push the valve open to quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid from the Instant Pot away from your face to prevent a steam burn. Press the off button to turn off the pressure cooker. Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl. Allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
Step 5: Shred the chicken with two forks and return the shredded chicken meat to the Instant Pot. Press the sauté button on. Add the cream cheese to the Instant Pot. Mix the chicken, cream cheese and taco sauce together until lump free and creamy.
Step 6: Heat until the cream cheese has melted and the taco sauce has thickened. Turn the power off.
Transfer the creamy shredded chicken taco meat to a bowl to prevent scorching.
I love to top my tacos with, shredded cheese, sour cream, Salsa Verde and fresh diced or sliced Haas avocado.
You can make all of your favorite Mexican chicken dishes with the creamy shredded chicken meat. It can be used to make chicken tacos, burritos, nachos or as a filling for chicken enchiladas.
Yes you can! Creamy Chicken Tacos filling freezes very well. Put the leftover chicken taco filling you in portion size freezer bags and pop it in the freezer. Thaw the taco filling in the refrigerator overnight. Heat in the microwave before using.
A few tips to help you cook this recipe.
- Cooking chicken: Chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F. degrees. A instant read thermometer is a must.
- Freezer Meals: If freezer meals are part of your meal planning you can double this recipe and freeze it as part of your weekly meal planning.
- Uses: Use this chicken filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or chicken nachos.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Click the buttons below in the recipe card to print, save to Pinterest or save the recipe to your favorites.
Leave a comment if you have a question about this or any other recipes I have shared. Tried one of my recipes? Leave a star rating on the recipe. Leaving a rating really helps me out. Thanks! Come hang out with me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 soft taco shells
- favorite taco toppings
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot and mix the taco seasoning into the broth until lump free.
- Add the chunky salsa and stir to combine.
- Add the boneless skinless chicken to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on and lock into place. Set the pressure valve to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the time for 7 minutes. (see notes)
- Allow the Instant Pot to come up to full pressure and pressure cook the chicken. When the timer alerts you the appliance is finished pressure cooking carefully quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot away from your face to prevent a steam burn. Press the off button to turn off the pressure cooker.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl. Allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and return the shredded chicken meat to the Instant Pot. Press the saute button.
- Add the cream cheese to the Instant Pot. Mix the chicken, cream cheese and taco sauce in the IP together.
- Saute until the cream cheese has melted and the taco sauce has thickened. Turn the power off.
- Transfer the creamy shredded chicken taco meat to a clean bowl.
- Prepare creamy chicken tacos and top with your favorite taco topping before serving.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Need a few more Instant Pot recipes to make your life easier? Head over to the Flour On My Face Instant Pot Recipes page for more easy Instant Pot recipes.