Game Day Avocado Club Sub
I participated in this sponsored campaign for One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
It's that time of the year. You know the time when you are trying to come up with a delicious game day recipe or some tailgating food that tastes good and is easy to make. This Avocado Club Sub is a perfect game day food for you and your guests to enjoy while you are cheering on your favorite team. And if you are not a football or baseball fan then you can enjoy it while you are watching the races!
Head to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and the Game Day #AvoAllStar Giveaway entry form.
This sub is simple to make. You can make it the night before, put it in the refrigerator and cut it before you serve it.
This way you are not standing in the kitchen preparing food while your guest are in the livingroom watching the game.
The special part of this club sub is the avocado. Without it it is just some cold cuts on a good piece of bread. With the avocado it is something else altogether.
Avocados from Mexico
- Did you know that one ounce of fresh Avocados from Mexico has only 50 calories and can enhance your recipes with a creamy, rich flavor that contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Avocados from Mexico are available year round.
- Fresh Avocados from Mexico make any dish better, especially for game day – from sandwiches and dips, to chili, salads and so much more.
Game Day Avocado Club Sub
- 1 Baguette
- ¼ pound Boars Head Tavern Ham
- ¼ pound Smoked Turkey Breast
- 6 pieces bacon (cooked crisp and drained)
- 4 Slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Tomato
- Romaine Lettuce
- 1-2 Avocados from Mexico
- Slice the baguette down the center.
- Spread about a tablespoon of mayo on the bottom layer of bread.
- Place a layer of Romaine lettuce over the mayo.
- Arrange the ham, turkey then cheese on the lettuce.
- Add the bacon and tomato slices.
- Slice the avocados and add as much as you like.
- Spread about a tablespoon of may on the top piece pf the baguette.
- Close the sub and wrap in parchment or aluminum foil if serving later.
- Cut into serving size pieces when ready to serve.
I could eat avocado on anything and everything! Love them!
I know I love them too!
Avocado's make everything good! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
Come Back Soon,
I like avocados either in guacamole or sliced on sandwiches
on a sandwich
Topped with parmesan and pepper
On tortillas with a little salt and cheese
I love avocados on a BLAT sandwich, with lots of B - B- Bacon, L - Lettuce - A - Avocado - T = Tomato is wonderful on toasted white bread.
I love homemade guacamole! Avocados are also delicious with chicken breast.
I love them diced and tossed in a salad with olive oil, lime and salt and pepper!
Smashed up, put on top of toast and topped with an egg!
I love to make guacamole.
I love to eat Avocado in home made guacamole.
Guac, of course!
I love avocado mixed into my egg salad.
I love to have mine as a snack on my sandwiches anyway I can get them is great!
Jessica @ OrganicallYou
I love making homemade guac 🙂 thanks for the chance to win!
I love to slice them into cheese quesadillas!
I LOVE Avocados from Mexico. I could eat them every day.
I love guacamole as well as sliced avocado on salads or in sandwich wraps.