Fruity Sangria Recipe
Sit back and relax on a hot summer day and sip on a glass of this Fruity Sangria recipe made with red wine.
I’m not much of a drinker. Occasionally I will have a glass of wine.
Or a cocktail with my friend Kim.
If I am enjoying a rare drink it has to be something that tastes good.
I can not drink something that I do not like the flavor of.
For some reason I have always wanted to try Sangria. It must be because Sangria is such a pretty drink with all that colorful fresh fruit floating around in it.
Since I don’t drink much I never seem to have the main ingredient on hand. Recently a customer gave my husband a couple of bottles of red wine and I have been hanging on to them for just the right occasion.
Memorial Day seemed to be the right occasion.
I wasn’t disappointed with my first glass of Sangria. And since citrus is plentiful where I live I am sure I will be enjoying it again soon. Next time I will try it with some peaches and apples added also.
This recipe is a compilation of many recipes that I found on the internet and Pinterest. Then I changed it up using the ingredients I had on hand.
Feel free to make any changes you like if you try it.
Actually I needed an excuse to buy one of these spouted drink canisters .
Making a batch of Sangria seemed to be a good enough excuse for me.
I was surprised to find this great container for under $10. Woo Hoo SCORE!
It will come in handy for all the summer get togethers I have planned.
I served the Sangria during my Memorial Day BBQ and I forgot to take a picture after I added the ginger ale and berries the next day!
This recipe makes about a 1/2 gallon of Sangria.
Print the Fruity Sangria recipe below.
Enjoy an ice cold glass of Fruity Sangria this summer! Thre is no better way to sit back, relax and cool of with a glass of fruity sangria made with red wine and fresh lemons, limes and berries.
- 1 750ml bottle of red wine- I used a 2008 Sterling Vintner’s Collection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 lemons sliced
- 2 tangelos sliced
- 2 limes one cut in wedges and one sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbs sugar
- 6 cups of gingerale
- I also added a handful of lemon verbena leaves.
- The day before you plan on serving the Sangria
- Slice or cut all the citrus into wedges.
- Squeeze the wedges into a large container
- Add the citrus slices.
- Pour the wine over the citrus.
- Add the sugar and lemon verbena leaves.
- Place the container in the refrigerator over night.
- Next day before serving add the strawberries or any other berry you would like to the container.
- Add the ginger ale.
- Stir and serve over ice.
- Add ice to a wine glass and scoop some fruit out and add to each glass.
- Pour some sangria over it and enjoy!
You can use any type of fruit you have on hand.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stirred
- Serving Size: 6 oz glass
- Calories: 00