Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and White Rice is comfort food my family loves all year long. An easy crock pot chicken recipe that only takes a couple of hours to make in your slow cooker.
This easy slow cooker chicken and rice casserole recipe is made with boneless chicken, white rice and cream of chicken soup.
Creamy chicken and white rice is comfort food at it's best and my family loves it.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
I love cooking crock pot casserole recipes in my casserole crock pot. Since it is shaped just like a 9 x 13-inch baking pan it is the perfect crock pot size for casserole and crock pot dessert recipes.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice
We also love my crock pot chicken and rice recipe made with yellow rice. Chicken and rice is so easy to make in the slow cooker.
This chicken and white rice is made extra creamy with cream of chicken soup and shredded cheese.
Slowly cooking chicken in cream of chicken soup makes the chicken very tender.
Creamy Chicken and White Rice Ingredients
- cubed boneless chicken meat (I used white meat)
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- diced onion
- diced celery
- diced carrots see notes
- instant rice
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- canned or frozen peas
- ground black pepper
Step 1: Prep the vegetables by dicing the fresh onion, carrots, and celery. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Step 2: Pour the cream of chicken soup and milk into the crock pot. With a metal whisk blend until completely blended together.
Step 3: Add the diced onion, celery and carrot to the crock pot. Then add the rice and shredded cheese. Stir together with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
Step 4: Place the lid on the crock pot and slow cook for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is cook through and the rice is tender. Once cooked add the peas and the ground pepper to the crock pot and mix well. Recover and heat until the peas are warmed before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
I love cooking chicken in my slow cooker. You can find a bunch of my crock pot chicken recipes on my Crock Pot Chicken Recipe Page.
All my other Crock Pot Recipes can be found on the crock pot recipes page.
Print the Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and White Rice recipe below
Click the buttons below in the recipe card to print, save to Pinterest or save the recipe to your favorites.
Leave a comment if you have a question about this or any other recipes I have shared. Tried one of my recipes? Leave a star rating on the recipe. Leaving a rating really helps me out. Thanks! Come hang out with me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and White Rice
- 2 cans 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup of diced celery
- ⅓ cup of diced carrots see notes
- 1 ½ cups of instant rice
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb cubed uncooked chicken i used white meat but you could use cubed skinless boneless chicken thigh meat
- ½ cup peas
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the onion, celery and carrots by dicing them with a sharp paring knife.
- Prepare the chicken by trimming any fat, slicing into strips and cutting into cubes.
- Open the cans of cream of chicken soup and pour them into a casserole crock pot or 8 quart crock pot. Scrape the inside of the cans with a spatula to get all of the condensed soup out.
- Add the milk to the crock pot and use a metal whisk to combine.
- Add the diced onion, celery and carrots to the crock pot.
- Next add the instant rice, shredded cheese and cubed chicken meat. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined with the chicken and rice evenly distributed.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked completely and the rice is tender. If needed add ¼ cup of milk if the mixture seems to be getting too dry as it cooks if the instant rice absorbs all of the liquids.
- Once the chicken and rice is done add the peas and black pepper and stir. Recover and continue to cook for a few more minutes until the peas are warm before serving.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.