Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken
Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken is slow cooked boneless chicken cooked with fresh herbs. This is a great summer crock pot recipe taking advantage of all the fresh herbs available in the garden or the grocery store.
Cooking with fresh herbs
Why cook with fresh herbs instead of using dried herbs? Fresh Culinary Herbs have a better flavor than dried herbs.
Pick fresh herbs that you plan to cook with early in the morning after the dew has dried off but before the sun is high and more of the herb aromatic flavors will be present because the aromatic oils of the herbs will not have had time to burn off.
Dried herbs that have been processed with heat to dry them so they can be stored long term lose some of their aromatic flavors from the high heat process used to dry them.
Crock Pot herbed chicken recipe
Crock Pot herbed chicken is a delicious and easy chicken crock pot recipe. If you love serving delicious crock pot meals to your family you definitely don’t want to miss this creamy boneless chicken recipe.
I used boneless chicken breasts to make this crock pot herbed chicken recipe but you could also use boneless chicken thighs.
Easy Crock Pot Meals
Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken recipe is very easy to make. Fill the crock pot with the boneless chicken, fresh herbs, onion, carrot and chicken broth. Slow cook until the chicken is done.
Once the chicken is finished cooking thicken the broth with cornstarch and water. Add a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and stir.
You can shred the chicken and stretch this crock pot chicken recipe to feed a large family. Serve the creamy herbed chicken over white rice, cooked wide noodles or over toasted bread for an opened face creamy chicken sandwich.
Print the Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken recipe below
For more delicious crock pot recipes for your busy family meals scroll down for links to two of my popular crock pot recipe pages.
Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken
Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken recipe made with fresh rosemary, thyme and parsely slow cooked until tender and served with a creamy gravy over white rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 to 3 lbs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 carrot sliced or 1/2 cup carrot sticks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- cooked noodles or rice
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Heat the olive oil in a skillet on high. Lightly brown the chicken breasts on both sides in a the hot olive oil.
- Place the browned chicken pieces in a crock pot in a single layer.
- Add the onion and carrot to the crock pot.
- Add the herbs to the crock pot and pour the chicken broth over the ingredients.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 2 and a half hours on high or 4 to 5 on low or until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Once the chicken is cooked through the center mix remove 2 cups of the chicken broth from the crock pot and discard. Mix the cornstarch with the cool water and stir into the remaining broth in the crock pot. Replace the lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the broth has thickened slightly.
- Next, add the can of cream of chicken soup to the crock pot and mix into the broth. At this point, you can shred the chicken if you want or continue to cook until the creamy gravy has heated.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of cooked white rice or wide egg noodles.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Calories: 403
- Carbohydrates: 24.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 45.1g
Keywords: Crock Pot Creamy Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken recipe, Boneless Chicken recipe, Herbed Chicken Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes
More easy Crock Pot Recipes can be found on the Crock Pot Recipes page.