Sauteed Asparagus and Tomatoes
Disclosure: This Sauteed Asparagus and Tomatoes recipe is a sponsored post on behalf of the Pompeian #PantryInsiders. As always all opinions are my own.
One of my favorite vegetables is asparagus. Even though asparagus is usually thought of as a spring vegetable I found some beautiful bunches of asparagus on sale at my local grocery store. Living in Florida does have a couple of perks. I couldn’t pass up the chance to enjoy some fresh asparagus one more time before the prices go up so I decided to make this very easy but delicious Sauteed Asparagus recipe you see here.
I love sauteing vegetables in olive oil. It is so much healthier for you than butter or margarine. Pompeian has a new olive oil blend Pompeian OlivExtra® California Select. It is a blend of Safflower Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is perfect for high heat cooking like sauteing because it has a higher smoke point than even Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (up to 500°F) .
Pompeian OlivExtra® California Select is high in Omega 9 Monounsaturated Fats, Naturally Gluten Free and Non-Allergenic, Naturally GMO Free, Good Source of Antioxidant Vitamin E, Cholesterol Free and 0g Trans Fats.
The Pompeian OlivExtra® California Select is a perfect choice for this Sauteed Asparagus and Tomatoes recipe. It’s light flavor lets the flavor of the ingredients shine through.
How To Make Sauteed Asparagus and Tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cleaned and rinsed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3-4 sliced bacon,
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Dice the bacon and fry until crisp.
- Add the shallot and tomatoes to the pan and sauté until the shallot is translucent.
- Add the olive oil, asparagus, garlic, salt and pepper to the pan and toss.
- Cover the pan and cook the asparagus until heated through but still crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Thick asparagus will need to cook a few minutes longer.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter along with all the liquid from the pan.
- Grate fresh Parmesan cheese over the top and serve immediately.
- serves 2-4
- PREP TIME 8 mins COOK TIME 8 mins
Recipes made using Pompeian Olive Oils