How to make a Vegetable Pasta Soup
Rock your Crock Pot
How to make a vegetable pasta soup in the crock pot. Crock Pot (affiliate link) soup is one of the easiest and economical meals to make. Crock Pots or Slow Cookers as they are known in some parts of the country are here to make our lives easier. Pull it out from under that cabinet and use it today!
If you keep some basic ingredients in the house you can throw together a filling and satisfying crock pot soup in no time. Throw all the ingredients in and forget about it until it’s time to eat.
There is no right way or wrong way to make it. You could make it 20 times a year and come up with a different recipe each time.
As long as you have some basic ingredients on hand. And it doesn’t matter if you do not have all of these ingredients on hand. You can change your recipe simply by adding or leaving out some of the ingredients that I have listed.
I make my crock pot soup the same way I make a traditional pot of soup. The first thing I do is take a quick inventory of the pantry, freezer and refrigerator.
Basic ingredients for a crock pot soup.
- Stock or bouillon
- pasta or rice
- canned vegetables
- fresh vegetables
- fresh garlic
- jarred minced garlic
- canned beans
- salt and pepper
Sometimes I will add chicken to my soup but if I don’t have chicken on hand or just feel like making a vegetable soup I skip the chicken all together.
If I am using chicken I may use skinless boneless, bone in chicken breasts or Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken. I made a crock pot Southwestern Chicken Chili using the Tyson Grilled and Ready Southwestern Chicken Breast Strips that turned out really good. The Tyson chicken is fully cooked so you can throw it in the crock pot at anytime.
When I use raw chicken I will cook it separately and use the homemade chicken stock instead of canned stock.
You can read how I make a homemade chicken stock in this recipe for Homemade Chicken SoupPrint
How to make Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
Enjoy hot piping soup anytime of the year with this How to make Crock Pot Vegetable Soup recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 1 large can of Chicken Broth
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 can Black beans
- 1 can Cannellini beans
- 1 can of Great Northern beans
- 1 small can corn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans or a can of green beans
- 8 ounces pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Simmer the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan until the garlic is slightly browned to wake up the flavors.
- Pour the onion, garlic and olive oil into the crockpot.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the pasta to your crockpot.
- Turn your crockpot on high.
- Cook the soup on high for 3-4 hours until all the ingredients are heated through.
- After about 3 1/2 hours add the pasta.
- Cook for the remaining hour, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook for the remaining 1/2 or until the pasta is eldente.Turn the crockpot to the warming setting.
- Serve with a slice of buttered french bread.
- Calories: 951 g
For more crock pot recipes head to my crock pot recipes page.