This Homemade Black Cherry Soda recipe is one of a three-part series of easy summer drink recipes that all start out with one black cherry simple syrup recipe.
You can find the first post for an Easy Cherry Limeade recipe that includes the instructions on how to make the cherry simple syrup that you will need for all three recipes at the link above.
Make all three summer drinks or pick a favorite and enjoy these cherry-flavored drinks all summer long.
These easy summer drink recipes have another thing in common.
They are all served in the beautiful Ball Heritage Blue jars.
Soda Making at Home
To make homemade soda all you need is two ingredients.
Cherry flavored simple syrup, which is very easy to make.
You will also need club soda or if you own a Soda Stream you can make carbonated water or sparkling water at home.
You can make any flavor of homemade soda that you like after you make a fruit-flavored simple syrup.
By changing up the type of fruit you use to make the simple syrup you can make any flavored soda you like.
Since we already have made our Sweet Black Cherry Simple syrup we will be making a glass of Black Cherry soda with it today.
Fill, preferably a beautiful Ball Heritage Blue Mason Jar with ice.
Add 3-4 tablespoons of cherry simple syrup to the jar. Pour club soda in and stir. Look at what a pretty layered drink this Black Cherry Soda recipe makes before you stir it.
Right before serving you can stir up the Black Cherry Soda or you can serve it this way and let your guests stir it as they drink it. The layered drink look comes from the cherry simple syrup sinking to the bottom of the glass. The simple syrup is heavier than the club soda so it stays on the bottom of the mason jar until you stir it and it combines with the club soda.
Love this recipe? You might like to try these.
Cherry Simple Syrup can be used to make many types of summer drink recipes.
Black Cherry Soda
Cherry Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 3 cups frozen or fresh Sweet Black Cherries
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
How To Make Black Cherry Soda
- 3-4 tablespoons cherry simple syrup
- 1 cup club soda or sparkling water
- Pit and stem the fresh cherries
- Place the cherries, sugar and water in a sauce pan. Heat on medium until the sugar has melted.
- Increase the temperture to high and bring to a boil, boil 3 to 5 minutes occasionally mashing the cherries with the back of a spoon.
- Turn the heat off and cover the pot.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer to remove all the solids. Discard the solids when done.
- Store the cherry simple syrup in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Discard any unused cherry simple syrup after 2 weeks.
Black Cherry Soda:
- Fill an eight ounce glass with ice.
- Measure 3 to 4 tablespoons of cherry simple syrup into the glass.
- Fill the glass with club soda or sprakling water.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Makes 6 to 8 servings depending on how much simple syrup is used per serving.