Crock Pot soup recipes are so easy to make. This soup recipe is packed full of vegetables, beans and pasta noodles.
This basic vegetable and pasta soup can be made with any combination of canned vegetables and beans that you have on hand.
It only takes 4 hours to make and you have a nutritious and delicious dinner or lunch on the table.
This soup recipe was originally shared on Sept 15, 2012 and was updated with new images and text on August 13, 2022
Crock Pot Soup Recipes
When I decide to make one of my crock pot soup recipes I take a quick inventory of the pantry, freezer, and refrigerator.
I like to keep my pantry stocked with soup ingredients so whenever the mood strikes I have all the ingredients on hand.
If you keep some basic soup ingredients on hand you can throw together a delicious soup recipe that is hearty enough to satisfy the entire family.
- Vegetables: diced tomatoes, diced onion, corn and green beans.
- Canned Beans: black beans, cannellini beans and great northern beans.
- Soup herbs and spices: minced garlic, fresh thyme, dried oregano, dried parsley, one dried bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Chicken broth and pasta of choice.
Check out the recipe card below for the exact ingredient amounts.
Follow these easy step by step directions to make this recipe. Scroll down to the recipe card to find the ingredient amounts and a printable version of the soup recipe.
Step 1: Open all of the canned vegetables and beans. Drain the vegetables using a fine mess strainer. Drain the beans using the fine mesh strainer and rinse them well under cold running water.
Peel and dice the onion. And if using fresh garlic peel it and mince.
Step 2: Place the diced tomatoes, corn, green beans, minced garlic and diced onions into a 8 quart crock pot.
Step 3: Add the drained and rinsed black beans, cannellini beans and great northern beans to the crock pot.
Step 5: Pour the chicken broth in over the other soup ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
Step 6: Place the lid on the slow cooker and set the temperature to high. If you have a timer set it to 4 hours. Let the soup slow cook without lifting the lid for 3 hours.
Step 7: At 3 hours lift the lid and add the pasta noodles to the crock pot and mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Replace the lid and cook for 30-60 minutes or until the pasta is el dente. Do not over cook the pasta or it will get very soft and mushy.
Step 8: Make adjustments to the broth if needed. The pasta will absorb some of the broth as it cooks. Serve the soup in a bowl with crackers or sliced bread.
Herbs and spices is what you add to vegetable soup to add flavor to it. Bay leaf, thyme, onion, garlic, oregano are some of the herbs and spices I like to add to vegetable soup to make it taste delicious.
Yes, if vegetable soup is over cooked the vegetables to turn to mush. Because all of the ingredients in vegetable soup cook in about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Recipe Expert Tips
Here are a few soup making tips that will help you make the best soup ever!
- Soup broth: I am using chicken broth but you can use beef, vegetable broth or bouillon cubes and water. Use equal amount of water and add as many bullion cubes as you need until the broth has a good flavor. You can read how I make a homemade chicken stock in this recipe for Homemade Chicken Soup
- Pasta or rice: I like to use a spiral pasta or other thick noodle when I made soup. Thin pasta will get mushy. You can also use rice in this recipe. I have found that Instant Rice is the best rice to use when making soup. It does not get mushy even if you freeze the leftovers.
- Vegetables: You can use all canned vegetables like I did. Or you can use equal amounts of fresh or thawed frozen vegetables.
- Garlic: jarred garlic or fresh. I use both.
- Beans: I like to use canned beans most of the time because they are so convenient. Drain and rinse the beans well so your soup broth will always be clear.
- Soup Seasonings: fresh or dried herbs and spices are what adds all of the flavors to homemade soup. I like to use garlic, thyme, bay leaf, salt and ground pepper in almost all of my soup recipes. Other herbs like oregano, basil and rosemary will also add great flavor to soup.
More Crock Pot Soup Recipes
Check out some of my favorite crock pot soup recipes below.
Crock Pot Vegetable Pasta Soup
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. can corn kernels, drained
- 14 oz. can green beans, drained
- 1 medium onion. diced
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large dried bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth ((adjust if needed))
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- Drain and rinse the canned vegetables and beans.
- Peel and dice the onion.
Make the soup
- Put the diced tomatoes, canned corn, green beans and diced onion in a 8 quart crock pot.
- Add the drained and rinsed canned black beans, cannellini beans and great northern beans to the slow cooker.
- Measure and add the minced garlic, dried parsley, dried oregano, fresh thyme, salt and ground black pepper. Add one dried bay leaf.
- Pour the chicken broth or vegetable broth in over the other soup ingredients.
- Stir the ingredients to combine and place the lid on the crock pot.
- Turn the crockpot on high. Slow cook the vegetable soup for 3 or until piping hot.
- Lift the lid and add the uncooked pasta to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook for the remaining hour or until the pasta is el dente.
- Once done serve with a slice of buttered French bread or crackers.
- Makes 8 or more servings.