Freezer Meals-Sloppy Joes Recipe
This homemade Sloppy Joes recipe makes the best Freezer Meals-Sloppy Joes recipe ever.
This Freezer Meals-Sloppy Joes recipe is the best Sloppy Joes recipe made from scratch. You can make it ahead and freeze it. Or you can cook it in the crock pot or in a skillet on the stove.
It’s up to you what to serve with these homemade sloppy joes. I like to make life easy and serve with some chips and pickles.
You can serve them with this crock pot macaroni and cheese recipe which is a perfect sloppy joes side dish recipe.
How to make Freezer Meals Sloppy Joes
- 3 cups browned ground beef (about 2 pounds uncooked)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery (about 2 small stalks)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Place all the ingredients into a gallon size freezer bag.
- Remove all air and flatten.
- Freeze flat on a cookie sheet.
- Once frozen remove the cookie sheet and store in the freezer until ready to cook.
- Use within 3 months.
Freezer Meals Sloppy Joes can be cooked in the crock pot or in a skillet on the stove. Best homemade Sloppy Joes recipe ever.
How to Cook Freezer Meals: Sloppy Joes
- Remove the frozen Sloppy Joes from the freezer and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the freezer meals-sloppy joe mix in a skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the onion and celery is tender.