Easy Summer Fruit Salad
I love making an easy summer fruit salad during the summer. Berries, melons and all sorts of sweet ripe fruit is available in abundance. For this easy summer fruit salad recipe I decided to add a little something special in the way of a few tablespoons of a ginger infused honey. The fresh fruit is sweet enough and doesn’t need any extra sweetener . I am trying to add more fresh herbs and spices to my diet that have health benefits. Ginger is one of those herbs that add a wealth of benefits along with it’s warm spicy flavor.
Infusing honey with the flavor of ginger is as easy as adding some slices or slivers of fresh ginger root to a jar of honey and let it steep for at least a week. If you can’t wait a week for your ginger infused honey you can gently warm the honey and ginger together on the stove to speed up the process.
Ginger is an awesome herb that has so many health benefits. I try to add it whereever I can.
During the winter I like to keep a small mason jar of honey in the cabinet that I have added some fresh ginger to. It is very soothing on a sore throat or for a cough. Out of the blue I decided to add a little bit of that honey to a bowl of fruit salad I was making.
I loved it! The light mint and ginger flavors married perfectly in this easy summer fruit salad. I hope you get a chance to enjoy it as much as I did.
Print the Summer Fruit Salad with Ginger Infused Honey Dressing belowPrint
Celebrate the abundance of sweet fresh summer fruit by making this easy Summer Fruit Salad with Ginger Infused Honey Dressing.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, cut into slivers
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into slices
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon slightly bruised fresh mint leaves.
To make the Ginger Infused Honey
- Prepare the honey and ginger at least a day ahead of time or warm the honey and ginger pieces in a small sauce pan so the ginger flavor can infuse the honey. Then allow to come to room temperature before using.Store leftover honey in a tightly covered jar in a dark cabinet.
To make the Summer Fruit Salad
- Place all of the fruit and mint in a bowl.
- Drizzle 2-4 tablespoons of ginger infused honey over the fruit and mix well.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Ginger infused honey adds a wonderful lightly sweetened ginger flavor to fresh summer berries and melons in this simple summer fruit salad.
Leftover honey can be used to sweeten hot or iced tea.
- Calories: 00