Easy Summer Fruit Salad
I love making an easy summer fruit salad during the summer months. Berries, melons and all sorts of sweet ripe fruit are available.
For this easy summer fruit salad recipe, I decided to add a little something special in the way of a few tablespoons of a ginger infused honey.
Even though the fresh fruit is sweet enough on its own I am trying to add more fresh herbs and spices to my diet that have health benefits.
Ginger is one of those spices that add a wealth of benefits along with its warm spicy flavor.
Infusing honey with the flavor of ginger is as easy as adding some slices or slivers of fresh ginger root to a jar of honey and let it steep for at least a week.
If you can’t wait a week for your ginger infused honey you can gently warm the honey and ginger together on the stove to speed up the process.
During the winter I like to keep a small mason jar of honey in the cabinet that I have steep fresh ginger root in.
It is very soothing on a sore throat or for a cough.
Out of the blue, I decided to add a little bit of that honey to a bowl of fruit salad I was making.
I loved it!
The light mint and ginger flavors married perfectly in this easy summer fruit salad. I hope you get a chance to enjoy it as much as I did.
Fresh Fruit Pomegranate Salad recipe
Another of my favorite fruit salads is this Fresh Fruit Pomegranate Salad recipe.
Print the Summer Fruit Salad with Ginger Infused Honey Dressing belowPrint
Summer Fruit Salad
Celebrate the abundance of fresh summer fruit by making this easy Summer Fruit Salad with Ginger Infused Honey Dressing. Fruit salad is an easy summer salad side dish recipe that will serve family and guests at all of your summer barn=becues and family get-togethers.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, cut into slivers
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into slices
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon slightly bruised fresh mint leaves.
To make the Ginger Infused Honey
- Prepare the honey and ginger at least a day ahead of time or warm the honey and ginger pieces in a small sauce pan so the ginger flavor can infuse the honey. Then allow to come to room temperature before using.Store leftover honey in a tightly covered jar in a dark cabinet.
To make the Summer Fruit Salad
- Place all of the fruit and mint in a bowl.
- Drizzle 2-4 tablespoons of ginger infused honey over the fruit and mix well.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
- Ginger infused honey adds a wonderful lightly sweetened ginger flavor to fresh summer berries and melons in this simple summer fruit salad.
- Leftover honey can be used to sweeten hot or iced tea.
- Category: Florida Produce
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 44.1g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1.4g
Keywords: Fruit Salad, Summer Fruit Salad, Florida Fruit Salad, Fresh Berries, Melon,