Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia
Happy Birthday #SundaySupper
I am excited to be joining our host Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake for this weekends Sunday Supper Celebration. It’s a special one as the Sunday Supper movement, started by Isabel of Family Foodie is celebrating it’s 2nd birthday.
I “met” Isabel on the now defunct FoodBuzz where foodies and food bloggers would collect and share recipes. From there we followed each other on Twitter.
On Sundays I noticed Isabel tweeting about what she was cooking or eating for Sunday Supper. At that time she hadn’t yet started hosting these weekly #SundaySupper events. I’m not sure how long it was before she banded a bunch of food bloggers together to celebrate Sunday Suppers all over the world each weekend but I knew I had to get involved. Besides being able to hang out with some of my favorite food bloggers on Sundays I am a big fan of enjoying Sunday Suppers with my family.
These days getting all of the family together to actually sit down for a meal together can be a daunting task. Coming together around the dinner table with those that you love to reconnect after a hectic week of school, work and other commitments is very important even if it is for one day a week. I loved that Isabel took it upon herself to spread the word online and actually do something about it by spreading the word about the Sunday Supper movement. And I am so happy to be a part of it whenever I can join in.
Scroll down to find the recipes for this weeks Sunday Supper Birthday Party. You will also find my Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia Recipe in Ziplist format where you will be able to save it to your recipe box or print it.
This Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia recipe has been waiting in a folder on my hard drive for a year now. It’s funny how I never got around to posting it for one reason or another. It almost seems like I (it) had been waiting for a special Sunday Supper celebration just like this birthday bash to be shared. Could it be fate?
You see the Onion Cheddar topping recipe comes from Isabel herself. I saw her Onion Cheddar Cheese Ciabatta Appetizer post way back last January and I knew I had to make it as a topping for my favorite Sourdough Focaccia.
I gathered the ingredients and made my favorite Sourdough Focaccia dough to use as the canvas for the Onion Cheddar topping Isabel uses in her recipe. Her recipe was for a fast Super Bowl Sunday Appetizer so she used a store bought ciabatta bread as her canvas.
To make my version of Isabels Onion Cheddar Cheese Appetizer first you will need to make the sourdough focaccia. You can find that recipe here on my Step By Step How to Make Sourdough Focaccia post.
While you are waiting for the focaccia dough to rise for the final time mix the onion and cheddar cheese topping. Place in the refrigerator until the focaccia dough is ready.
Once the dough has doubled in size spread the cheddar cheese mixture over the top of the dough.
My Sourdough Focaccia recipe will make one large 9 x 17 inch baking tray or two smaller baking trays. I love the way it bakes up in these 9 x 15 inch stainless baking trays I have so I divided the dough in half and split it between the smaller pans. You can use whichever size pans you have available.
Bake the Focaccia 20-30 minutes in a 400 degree oven. You want the cheese to be melted and the edges to be a golden brown. Oven temps vary adjust time accordingly.
Allow the cheese to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Cut into individual pieces. Serve warm and store leftovers in an airtight container.
The Sunday Supper Birthday Bash Recipe Roundup
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.