1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup Nutella + 1/4 cup for topping
makes 26 muffins
1) Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
2) Cream the butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
3) Mix in the eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated completely beofre adding the next egg.
4) Add vanilla and beat for about 30 seconds.
5) Alternately add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients and a 1/3 of the buttermilk and mix until smooth and creamy.
6) Preheat oven to 350.
7) Add the 1 cup of nutella and mix until completely incorporated.
8) Line muffin pans with papers and using an ice cream scoop fill each liner about 3/4 full.
9) Using a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon scoop a bit of Nutella and place on top, in the center of the batter of each muffin. Use a tooth pick to lightly marble the Nutella and the muffin batter.
10) Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, adjusting the time for your particular oven. Muffins should spring back when done.
11) Cool of a cooling rack.
Makes about 26 muffins