Mexican Wedding Cookies
Even though most of her guests didn’t make it we had a really nice assortment of goodies.
I made my Cherry Chocolate Kisses cookies, Sugar Cookies for the kids to decorate, Mexican Wedding Cookies and Chocolate dipped Marshmallows.
Mexican Wedding Cookies are really easy to make, only include 5 ingredients and taste wonderful. They are my husbands favorite and since he has been feeling under the weather lately at the last minute I decided to make them also.
Mexican Wedding Cookies and a Cookie Exchange
Serves: 48 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups of all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat the butter and ½ cup of the powdered sugar in your kitchen-aid mixer until light and fluffy about 5 minutes. If you don’t have a stand mixer use a hand held mixer.
- Add vanilla and beat until vanilla is completely incorporated.
- Slowly begin to add the flour 1 cup at a time.
- Mix with your mixer until the dough becomes too much for your mixer.
- I mixed about 1½ cup of flour and then added the last of the flour and the finely chopped pecans, mixing by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Mix until the pecans are evenly distributed through out the dough.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls and leave about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until slightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes and roll the warm cookies in a bowl of the remaining ½ cup of powdered sugar.
- Move cookies to a rack and cool completely. Store in single layers in an air tight container.