Holiday Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites Recipe
Disclosure: This Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites recipe has been sponsored by Pillsbury™. All opinions are my own.
The busy holiday season is here and as much as I love making homemade treats I know my time is limited. When I need a quick and easy made at home treat I like to use Pillsbury™ cookie dough chubs to make fun holiday desserts like these Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites.
Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites are the best of both worlds. A layer of sweet sugar cookie dough is topped with a red cupcake batter.
After baking and cooling, you can top these sweet little holiday gems with vanilla frosting and decorate with holiday-themed cupcake toppings.
These Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites are perfect for your holiday open house or Christmas party.
The best thing about them is that you only need three easy to find ingredients and some sprinkles or holiday themed cupcake toppings.
More Christmas Recipes
Need a few Christmas cookie recipes to bake for family and friends. Check out all my 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes event that just ended.
- Day #1 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Almond Spritz Cookies Recipe
- Day #2 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Old Fashioned Coconut Washboard Cookies
- Day #3 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Day #4 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Big Soft Ginger Cookies
- Day # 5 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Chocolate Peppermint Blossom Cookies.
- Day #6 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Raspberry Linzer Sandwich Cookies.
- Day #7 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: No-Bake OREO Snowball Cookies
- Day #8 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: German Spice Cookies
- Day #9 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Easy Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Day #10 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: German Spritz Cookies
- Day #11 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
- Day #12 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Recipes: Christmas Sandwich Cookies
First Time Cookie Exchange
Is this the first time you are hosting a cookie exchange? Check out my How To Host a Cookie Exchange for ideas and tips.
Cookie Exchange Printables
If you are hosting a Christmas Cookie Exchange this year check out my FREE Christmas Cookie Exchange Prinatbles.
I picked up all my supplies on a recent shopping trip. I used the Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookies 16.5 oz chub for this recipe but you can also find the Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookies in a larger 30 oz. chub at Walmart for your holiday baking.
Baking during the holidays with Pillsbury™ brand cookie and cake mix really makes my life easier.
You can make so many different kinds of desserts with just a few products.
Print the Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites Recipe below
Holiday Sugar Cookie Cupcake Bites
- Pillsbury™ 16.5 oz Sugar Cookie chub
- 2 Pillsbury™ Red Funfetti Cake Mix packages
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ containers Pillsbury™ Vanilla Frosting
- Sprinkles and other holiday cupcake decorations (optional)
- Mini cupcake paper liners
- Mini cupcake pan (I used two 12 mini cupcake baking pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the cupcake pan by lining with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cake mix following the directions on the package. Place the cake batter into a large squeeze bottle, a cake decorating bag or a thick plastic baggie.
- Secure the top of the bag if using . If using a squeeze bottle fill the bottle and snip the tip of the bottle to slightly widen the hole.
- Open the cookie dough chub and using a teaspoon measuring spoon scoop exactly one teaspoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place the sugar cookie dough ball into the center of a cupcake liner in the pan.
- Repeat filling the mini cupcake pan. Use the back of the measuring spoon to flatten the ball into a disc that completely fills the bottom of the cupcake liner. Being careful not to let the cookie dough move up the sides of the cupcake liner.
- Snip a small hole into the bottom of the decorator bag or plastic baggie if using. Carefully fill each cupcake well with cake mix until the cupcake well is almost completely full leaving about ¼ inch from the top edge of the pan and making sure the sugar cookie dough is completely covered with cake batter. Do not overfill!
- Place the mini cupcake pan in the preheated oven and bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until the cake batter is set in the center.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool 5 minutes. After five minutes remove each mini cookie cupcake bite from the pan and allow to cool completely on a rack. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and cake mix.
- Once cool frost with vanilla frosting and decorate with holiday sprinkles and cupcake decorations.