Spring Birch Bark Candles
Spring is in the air. Can you feel it? If not, you can always make these decorative DIY Spring Birch Bark Candles to help you get ready for Spring.
They add a nice little Spring decor touch to a mantel or a tabletop as you wait for Spring to arrive in your part of the country.
Back during the Christmas holidays, I made these Festive Christmas Pillar Candles using birch bark ribbon.
I loved how easy they were to make. They turned out so pretty that I decided to make some Birch Bark Candles for Spring.
While I was shopping recently the beautiful spring decor items I saw inspired me to create these Spring Birch Bark Candles.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.
I picked up that little crate at the Target Dollar Spot and painted it white and distressed it with chalk paint to give me the country look I was going for.
How to Make Spring Birch Bark Candles Step by Step tutorial
Measure the birch bark ribbon by wrapping it around your candle.
Add about a quarter-inch to the length so it will overlap slightly and cut it from the roll.
Decide the placement of the birch bark. I centered it on the two candles I made but you can decide if you'd like to center it or position it low at the bottom of the candle.
Putting the Spring Birch Bark Candles together.
Cut stems from the floral picks and make a mini bouquet. Secure the flower bouquet with a piece of ribbon.
Cut the burlap square in half. Wrap it around the bouquet by first tucking the ends in if needed. Glue together with the hot glue gun.
Cut three pieces of the ¼ inch ribbon and tie around the mini floral bouquet, creating a bow in the front being sure to leave a long tail of ribbon.
Glue the floral bouquet to the front of the candle.
Create a Spring inspired sign with a mini chalkboard sign tucked into the ribbon of the bouquet.
Finished Spring Birch Bark Candles and ways to display your Spring Candle Decor
Affiliate links ahead. Should you make a purchase through a product link I've included I will earn a small commission at no cost to you.
How to Make Spring Birch Bark Candles
- Pillar candles - I used a 5 x 2.5-inch pillar candle and a 3 x 2.5-inch pillar candle
- Birch Bark Ribbon similar to this birch bark ribbon
- Floral Picks similar to these
- ¼ inch green ribbon
- 4 inch burlap square
- mini chalkboard sign
- chalk pencil
- mini hot glue gun
- mini hot glue sticks
- Cut the birch bark ribbon to fit around the base of the candle.
- Glue the bark ribbon to the candle with a bead of glue.Create a mini bouquet by cutting stems from the floral picks and securing the bouquet with a piece of ribbon.
- Create a mini bouquet by cutting stems from the floral picks and securing the bouquet with a piece of ribbon.
- Wrap a triangle cut from the burlap square around the bouquet gluing it securely with hot glue.
- Tie ribbon around the bouquet and tie a bow in the front.
- Glue the bouquet to the front of the candle with hot glue.
- Tuck a mini chalkboard sign into the bouquet and write a Spring inspired message.
- Trim the wick off the decorative candle. This candle is for decoration purposes only.
Want more in-depth detailed instructions on how to make the Spring Birch Bark Candles.