Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake recipe is on the menu for week one of our Progressive Dinners Blog Hop.
So what is a Progressive Dinner you might be asking?
Well for 7 weeks I and four other of my favorite food bloggers will each be sharing a course for a holiday dinner in a roundup-style post.
Each week each blogger will be sharing one course so there will be an entire holiday meal worth of recipes shared weekly.
By the end of the seven weeks, each of us will have shared the Main course, 2 side dish recipes, an appetizer, a dessert recipe, and a potluck or gift from the kitchen recipe.
Below you will find the schedule of the recipes I will be sharing for each week and what giveaway will be available.
Be sure to sign up for updates from Flour On My Face so you will know when a new Progressive Dinner post is live.
Week 1: Recipe: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
Week 2: Recipe: Crock Pot Meatball Appetize
Week 3 : Recipe: How to Roast a Turkey Breast
Week 4: Recipe: Vegetable Medley with Homemade Cream Sauce
Week 5: Recipe: Easy Apple & Cranberry Compote
Week 6: Recipe: Easy Crock-Pot Green Beans
Week 7: Recipe TBA
Holiday Progressive Dinner Week 1
Cheese Fondue at The Gunny Sack
Roast Turkey and Mashed Potatoes with Turkey Gravy at Busy-at-Home
Grandma's Cranberry Salad at Adventures in All Things Food
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Five Spice at Daily Dish Recipes
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake at Flour on My Face
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. There is something about a thick dense piece of New York style cheesecake that makes me dance with delight.
A few months ago I made a Key Lime Cheesecake
It was delicious but while I was making it I thought to myself I have got to make this cheesecake recipe with vanilla beans as the flavoring. It's funny how recipe inspiration can hit you while you are making one recipe and you end up with two great recipes to add to your collection.
Print the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Recipe BelowPrint
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is a decadent homemade dessert recipe you will love. Thick, rich and creamy New York Style cheesecake recipe.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 32 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 ⅔ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 whole large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Prepare Spring form pan before starting recipe
- Grease and line a 9 inch springform pan with butter and parchment paper.
- Cover the outside of the springform pan with heavy duty aluminum foil folding it around the top edges of the pan.
- Prepare the graham cracker crust by mixing the sugar, melted butter and 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the spring foam pan. Smoothing to top with the back of a spoon.
Mix the cheesecake filling.
- Beat the sugar into the softened cream cheese. Beat 2 minutes scraping the bowl after 1 minute.
- Beat in the sour cream, heavy cream and 2 tablespoons Nielsen-Massey vanilla paste.
- Add the eggs and yolk one at a time. Beating well in between each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Pour filling into the springform pan that has been placed in a baking or roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the bottom of the roasting pan up to the middle of the springform pan.
- Carefully place pan in a 325 degree pre heated oven.
- Bake for 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serving Size: One Slice
Keywords: Vanilla Cheesecake recipe, New York Cheesecake Recipe, Homemade cheesecake recipe
This cheesecake is so rich you don't need any topping but I decided to top a slice with some homemade Fig Preserves I made over the summer. Yummy!