Nestle Jingles Holiday Bark
Holiday Candy Recipe
The Christmas baking season is probably my favorite time of the year. I make homemade gifts each year and host or go to a cookie exchange. I have a few recipes that are favorites that I make each year. Then I find a few new ones to try out.
I found the recipe you see above for Nestle Cakey Chocolate Jingle Bars at the new Nestle Seasonal Confections website. Click on the link to download a sweet printable of the recipe.
If you are looking for some great holiday recipes check out the new site. Each recipe link takes you to a downloadable printable. The recipe above features the Nestle Butterfinger Jingle candies that I bought while shopping at Walmart. They really taste good baked into the bars!
After making the bar recipe I decided to make a holiday chocolate bark recipe using the Nestle Butterfinger Jingles candy. Bark recipes are so much fun because you can make them just about any way you can imagine just by starting out with a layer of melted chocolate and adding some toppings.
You can find the recipe at the bottom of this post. To make any good bark you need to start out with good chocolate. I used Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels.
You will also need a bag of Nestle Butterfinger Jingles, a bag of Nestle Holiday semi sweet red & green morsels and Christmas sprinkles.
Line a shallow pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Unwrap almost the whole bag of Jingles. I forgot to count them but I had about 5 left.
Chop the Butterfinger Jingles roughly. You want some big and some little pieces to give the bark some texture.
Pour the Nestle Morsels into a microwave safe bowl setting aside about 1/4 cup of the chips to use as a drizzle.
I didn’t get to take any picture of adding the toppings. It’s important to get your topping on top of the melted chocolate before it’s starts setting up.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
Once it is melted mix it until all lumps have melted and the chocolate is smooth.
Spread the melted chocolate over the parchment paper.
Immediately sprinkle the chopped up Nestle Butterfingers Jingles all over the top of the chocolate.
Next scatter the Nestles Holiday Morsel over the top of the melted chocolate and the chopped Jingles.
Melt the reserved morsels in a decorating bag, plastic sandwich bag or a small bowl.
Once the chocolate is melted drizzle it over the top of the bark.
Lastly sprinkle the holiday colored sprinkles over the top. Put the bark into the refrigerator to set up and harden. Once the Holiday Bark has set break it into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Or package it in individual holiday bags or boxes to share with your friends and family for the holiday. Be sure to store in a cool place or the chocolate will melt.Print
Nestle Jingles Holiday Bark #HolidayCandy #Cbias
Holiday Candy ideas using Nestle candy
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Cuisine: Holiday Candy Recipe
- 1 bag Nestle Butterfinger Jingles
- 1 23 oz bag Nestles Milk Chocolate Morsels
- ¼ – ½ cup Nestle Holiday Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Christmas Colored Sprinkles
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Unwrap all the Nestle Butterfinger Jingles and roughly chop, set aside.
- Remove ¼ cup of morsels from the bag and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl slowly melt the rest of the bag of morsels at 20 second intervals stirring each time the microwave stops. In my microwave this took 1 minute 20 seconds. Once most of the morsels are melted stir the chocolate until the remaining morsels are melted and the chocolate is smooth.
- DO NOT over heat the chocolate. If the chocolate has been over cooked there is no going back. It is ruined and there is nothing you can do once the chocolate has seized. Heat the chocolate slowly and check it often stirring it. There will still be some un-melted morsels at the end but stirring them into the rest of the melted chocolate will melt them.
- Immediately spread the melted chocolate on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately drop the chopped up pieces of Nestles Butterfinger Jingles over the top of the melted chocolate.
- Next sprinkle the top with the Nestle Holiday morsels. Then scatter some holiday colored sprinkles on top.
- Put the reserved chocolate morsels in a Wilton decorator bag or a plastic bag and melt in the microwave 20 to 30 seconds. Cut the tip and drizzle the melted choclate over the top.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator or freezer for about 20 minutes. Chill until the chocolate is set. Cut or break the Holiday bark apart. Store in an air tight container. Keep cool or the chocolate will melt.
You can follow Nestle on Twitter or visit their Facebook page for more ideas and recipes on celebrating the season with #HolidayCandy.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Nestle #CBias #SocialFabric