National Coloring Day 2020 is Monday, September 14th.
Celebrate National Coloring Day With adult coloring books. Adult coloring is big these days but as most of you know many of us have been coloring for most of our lives.
Well, I have anyway. And if you only enjoyed coloring during your childhood this is a fine time to revisit that relaxing childhood past time that will relieve stress.
Why You should celebrate National Coloring Day 2020
National Coloring Day is a great reason to start coloring. Coloring is a great stress reliever and we all could use a little relaxation these days. We are constantly bombarded with negativity in the world.
From the stresses of every day lives to the horror of the nightly news our brains need a break once in a while.
Coloring for grownups can make a world of difference in our stress levels, help reduce tension and give us a quiet, relaxing break when we need it.
What happens when you color?
Something hypnotic happens when you have a favorite coloring book in front of you with your colored pencils, markers or crayons spread out across a table.
When your in the coloring zone all those worries that clutter up your mind and stress you out just fade away.
Concentrating on the image you are coloring, picking the colors to use and staying in those lines keep our minds off those stressful things we are worrying about.
Those stressful things will still be there when we put our coloring supplies away but our mind has a chance to relax and recover from the stress that can make life seem unbearable sometimes.
Disclosure: Links included in this post are affiliate links.
Art Therapy with Adult Coloring
The experts have long known that art therapy works wonders and it’s almost like the popularity of adult coloring in the world has given us permission to be a child again.
So pull out a box of crayons (they are on sale everywhere for back to school!) or your favorite colored pencils (mine are Prisma colored pencils) and stick our noses down in your jumbo box of crayons and inhale deeply to tart relaxing.
What I love about the Inkspirations Coloring Books
I love Inkspirations coloring books because not only do they have beautiful images to color but each image is a two-page spread. One page is a full-page image to color and on the opposite page, some of the design carries over and frames a positive quote or saying.
Adult Coloring Books
- Inkspirations: Create While You Wait: Coloring on the Go
- Inkspirations in the Garden: Fabulous Floral Coloring Designs Celebrating Life in Full Bloom
- Inkspirations Animal Kingdom: Captivating Coloring Designs Celebrating the Majesty of Animals
- Inkspirations for Women: Color Your World Happy–30 Inspiring Designs to Nourish Your Heart and Renew Your Spirit
- Inkspirations for Recovery: A Coloring Companion that Celebrates and Supports Living One Day at a Time
- Inkspirations Fruit of the Spirit: Coloring Designs to Nourish You with Love, Joy, Faith, Peace and More
- Inkspirations for a Happy Heart: Inspired Coloring Designs to Lift Your Spirit and Feed Your Soul
- Inkspirations for Cat Lovers: Captivating Coloring Designs Celebrating Fantastic Felines for Every Season and Reason
- Inkspirations for Dog Lovers: Captivating Coloring Designs that Celebrate Incredible Canines
- Inkspirations for Christmas Joy: Festive Coloring Designs with DIY Gift Tags, Postcards, Wine Tags and More
- Inkspirations: Color Me Greeting Cards
Need more adult coloring books for your collection?
Check out my 100 Favorite Coloring Books for Adults post.
Want to learn why I love Prisma Colored Pencils? Check out my Blending with Prisma Colored Pencils post.
Shopping early for Christmas? Learn why Adult Coloring Books are a perfect Christmas Gift Idea.