Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup with Ground Beef recipe
Disclosure: The Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup recipe has been sponsored by Hurst’s HamBeens.
Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup with ground beef is a thick and hearty 15 bean soup recipe made with everyone’s favorite Hurst’s HamBeens 15 Bean Soup dried beans.
When it comes to making bean soup with dried beans you can always rely on Hurst’s dried bean products. 15 Bean Soup is always a dinner winner in my house.
Quick & Easy Dried Bean Soup Recipes
Friends I love my Instant Pot for making soup recipes. I especially love it for making dried bean soup recipes like this Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup recipe.
A pressure cooker takes all the hard work out of cooking with dried beans. You don’t have to worry about soaking the dried beans before making soup with them when you cook in the Instant Pot.
And when you start with a bag of Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP® you are guaranteed to end up with an amazing bowl of soup.
This 15 Bean Soup is packed full of flavor with a thick broth, soft and tender beans and lots of ground beef. Perfect for a winter meal but good enough to eat any time of the year.
I made this Instant Pot ground beef soup recipe in an 8-quart Instant Pot so there is plenty enough to feed a family.
If you have leftovers this bean soup recipe freezes well. I always stash a couple of containers of soup in the freezer so I have them on hand for lunch or dinner.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
- 20 oz bag of Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP®
- browned ground beef
- diced tomatoes
- garlic cloves
- bay leaves
- ground black pepper
- beef broth
How to make Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup with ground beef
Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup made with ground beef is a very easy dried bean soup to make in the Instant Pot.
The beans are tender, the broth is thick and the soup is chunky from the vegetables and the dried beans.
Step 1: Open the package of Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup and pour the beans into a colander. Set the seasoning packet aside. Rinse the beans under cold water. Pick out any debris. Transfer the rinsed beans to the pressure cooker aluminum pot.
Step 2: Add the browned, drained ground beef to the pressure cooker.
Step 3: Add the undrained can of diced tomatoes to the pressure cooker.
Step 4: Add the carrots, celery, onion and minced garlic to the pressure cooker.
Step 5: Add the contents of the seasoning packet, salt, ground pepper, and bay leaves.
Step 6: Pour the beef broth over the ingredients and mix with a spoon to combine.
Step 7: Lock the Instant Pot lid into place. Push the valve to the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the time to 50 minutes.
Step 8: Once the pressure cooking time has ended allow the steam to naturally release for 25-30 minutes to allow the beans to finish cooking. Slide the valve to the releasing position and carefully remove the lid.
More Delicious Dried Bean Soup Recipes made with Hurst’s Beans
- Crock Pot Cowboy Bean Soup recipe: Made with the new BBQ Cowboy Beans.
- Crock Pot Italian Bean Meatball Soup recipe: Made with the new Italian Bean Soup.
- Instant Pot Cajun 15 Bean Soup recipe: Made with the HamBeens® Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP®
- Crock Pot 15 Bean Soup Recipe with Sausage: Made with the HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP®
Print or Pin the 15 Bean Soup with ground beef recipe belowPrint
Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup with ground beef recipe
A hearty and delicious 15 Bean Soup made with ground beef in the pressure cooker. No soak 15 bean soup is easy to make with a bag of Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP®brand 15 Bean Soup Mix.
- 20 oz bag of Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP®
- 1 lb ground beef, browned in a skillet and drained well
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 64 oz beef broth
- Pour the beans into a colander and rinse under cold water. Remove any pebbles or debris you might find.
- Pour the rinsed beans into the Instant Pot aluminum insert.
- Add the drained and browned ground beef and diced tomatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Add the sliced carrots, sliced celery, diced onion and minced garlic to the Instant Pot.
- Add the salt, ground black pepper, dried bay leaves, and the seasoning pack that came with the beans to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the beef broth into the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the time to 50 minutes. Once the timer alerts you that the pressure cooking time is up allow the pressure cooker steam to release naturally for 25 to 30 minutes. After the steam has naturally released carefully open the lid of the pressure cooker away from your face to prevent a burn.
- Stir the soup before serving.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 245
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 15.8g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup Recipe, 15 Bean Soup with ground beef, Instant Pot Bean Soup, No-Soak Instant Pot Bean Soup