Green Bean Bacon Casserole
Disclosure: This Green Bean Bacon Casserole recipe was sponsored by Del Monte through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Del Monte, all opinions are my own.
The holiday menu would not be complete without the classic Green Bean Casserole. We serve it every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Matter of fact Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner would be a huge disappointment if we didn’t serve a Green Bean Casserole. It is a family tradition around here.
This year I decided I wanted to raise the bar on the classic green bean casserole by adding some bacon to the recipe. Everything thing tastes better with bacon right? I knew it would be delicious. I just didn’t realize how delicious until I took my first bite. We all know green beans and bacon go hand in hand. I love to add some bacon when I am cooking green beans. The smoky flavor of bacon just does something magical to green beans.
How to make Green Bean Bacon Casserole
You will need all the standard green bean casserole recipe ingredients like canned Del Monte French Style Green Beans, cream of mushroom soup, French fried onions, milk, salt and pepper. You will also need a 12 oz package of bacon to turn this Classic Green Bean Casserole recipe into this new and improved Green Bean Bacon Casserole recipe.
Fry the bacon until crisp, draining well on a paper towel. Roughly chop the bacon and set aside. Drain the liquid from the Del Monte green beans and pour the green beans into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
Add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper to the casserole dish and mix well. Add some French fried onions and about half of the bacon to the dish.
Stir well to get the bacon and fried onions mixed in well.
Bake for about 25-28 minutes until hot.
Carefully remove from the oven and top with remaining bacon and fried onions. Return to the oven and bake until fried onions are slightly browned.
Serve in the casserole dish or individual side dish serving bowls.
For more delicious Del Monte recipes head over to Holiday Entertaining Made Easy with Del MontePrint
This Green Bean Bacon Casserole is a twist on the classic Green Bean Casserole. A perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner side dish.
- 2 cans Del Monte French Style Green Beans, drained
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 12 oz bacon, fried crispy and chopped roughly and divided
- 2 1/2 cups French fried onions, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fry the bacon, drain well on paper towels and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a casserole dish add the Del Monte green beans, cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, pepper, 3/4 cup of fried onions and half the bacon. Stir well.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25-28 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir and top with the remaining fried onions and chopped bacon.
- Return to oven and bake 5-8 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned.
- Serve while hot.
May be doubled to serve a crowd.