Elf On The Shelf OREO Cookie Balls
Check out these Elf On The Shelf OREO Cookie Balls. I had so much fun creating my Turkey Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls that I decided to see what other fun ways I could make OREO Cookie Balls more festive for the holiday season. So I came up with these fun Elf On The Shelf OREO Cookie Balls. They are made with the Winter OREO cookies with red filling. I also added some peppermint to the filling because as we know chocolate and peppermint go hand in hand during the Christmas recipes season.
I have to admit I am a little late jumping in with the Elf on the Shelf activities. My daughter has been doing it for a couple of years with her daughters. For some reason this year I decided to have some Elf on the Shelf fun with my granddaughter Emma (who lives with us part time) and our step grandson Aiden.
I'm getting off pretty easy because I don't have to come up with Elf on the Shelf ideas for every day of the month since Emma & Aiden are only here half the week.
So I mentioned that I had a blast making the Turkey Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls last month. So when I saw the same sugar candies with the Elf on the Shelf I decided I had to make them also.
OREO Cookie Balls (or OREO Truffles as they are also called) are so easy to make, taste delicious and are fun to decorate. You can make them to match any holiday or party. Very much like Cake Pops which I happen to love making also. But the OREO cookie balls are so much easier because you only need 2 ingredients, a chocolate coating and whatever decorations you like.
I added some peppermint candy to these to add a peppermint flavor but you could start out with the OREO peppermint cookies and you could skip the Andeas Peppermint baking chips that I used. They do add a fun little surprise inside the OREO Cookieballs so you might want to follow my recipe just the same. Or you could add crushed candy canes instead.
Print the Elf On The Shelf OREO Cookie Balls recipe below
Elf On The Shelf OREO Cookie Balls
- 1 package Winter OREO Cookies or 30 OREO cookies
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 1 bag red candy melts
- 1 bag bright white candy melts
- two 12 piece package Wilton Elf on the Shelf Icing Decorations
- Crush OREO cookies in a food processor until fine
- Add 4 ounces of cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until combined well.
- Form truffle balls by scooping filling with a small dough scoop or a teaspoon.
- Place each Oreo cookie ball onto a cookies sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Once all OREO cookie balls have been formed place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- While dough is firming up melt 1 package candy melts with 1 ½-2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening.
- Dip each OREO Truffle in the melted candy coating, set on parchment lined cookie sheet and insert a Wilton Elf on the Shelf icing decoration in center. (Found at Joanns and Target)
- Allow chocolate coating to harden. Once the coating has hardened melt the ¼ cup of red candy melts in a sandwich bag. Snip a corner and drizzle each cookie ball with the melted chocolate. Repeat with ¼ cup white candy melts. Allow the drizzle to harden before serving.
- This batch will make about 36 cookie balls. The decorations come 12 to a packages. For the remaining cookie balls dip in the melted candy coating and decorated with a drizzle of white and red candy melts.