Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls
This Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls #OREOCookieBalls shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It is time to start thinking about Holiday treats. Can you believe it is already the second week of November? Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. I've got an easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe for you. I'm sure you have probably heard of OREO Cookie Balls. They are all the rage. My MIL told me about them a couple of years ago when one of her co-workers brought them into work. She raved about them. And so she should because they are delicious.
So to help you celebrate Thanksgiving I decided to make some Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls. I was so excited when I saw the new Pumpkin Spice OREO's. Pumpkin is my favorite Fall/Thanksgiving flavor and I knew the Pumpkin Spice OREO's would be great for OREO Cookie Balls.
OREO Cookie Balls are so easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. All you need to make them is a package of OREO cookies, a block of cream cheese and a chocolate or candy coating. I picked up all the ingredients at Walmart.
Be sure to check out the Walmart coupons before you go shopping for your OREO Cookie Ball ingredients. It is always great to save a little money on a shopping trip.
Here is the original OREO Cookie Ball recipe. I made some adjustments for the smaller number of OREO cookies in the Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice flavor. You can find my Pumpkin Spice OREO Truffles recipe below the directions and Official recipe.
Official OREO Cookie Balls Recipe
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
Soften cream cheese on the counter before beginning.
Crush the Pumpkin Spice OREO cookies in a food processor until you have fine cookie crumbs. Add the cream cheese and pulse until the cream cheese and crumbs are combined well.
Using a small dough scoop form balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Freeze the OREO Cookie Balls for 10-15 minutes to firm them up.
While the OREO cookie balls are in the freezer melt the candy coating in the microwave.
Carefully dip the OREO cookie Balls in the melted candy coating. Insert a candy turkey piece into the top while the coating is still soft. Let the coating harden then decorate them with a drizzle of melted chocolate. Add sprinkles if you like.
Print the Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls
Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls
- 1 package Pumpkin Spice OREO cookies
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1-2 bags Pumpkin Spice Candy melts
- ½ cup chocolate candy melts or chocolate chips
- 1 box Wilton Turkey Icing Decorations (optional)
- Thanksgiving colored sprinkles (optional)
- Crush OREO cookies in a food processor until fine
- Add ¾ of the block of cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until combined well.
- Form truffle balls by scooping filling with a small dough scoop or a teaspoon.
- Place each truffle ball onto a cookies sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Once all OREO cookie balls have been formed place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- While dough is firming up melt 1 package candy melts with 1 ½-2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening.
- Dip each OREO Cookie Ball in the melted candy coating, set on parchment lined cookie sheet and insert a turkey icing decoration in center.
- Allow coating to harden. Once the coating has hardened melt the ¼ cup of chocolate candy melts in a sandwich bag. Snip a corner and drizzle each cookie ball with chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles.
David St Romain
I found a similar recipe on Nabisco's website. It calls for 36 regular oreos, cream cheese and pumpkin pie spice Would you use the whole Oreo, cream and all?
Yes you use the whole OREO with the cream center.
Thanks, Arlene. That's what I figured.
You're welcome David!
Where can you find the pumpkin spice candy melts?
Hi Shelley I found them at Walmart.
Arlene, You are AMAZING! I love the combination and really want to make these. Your tutorial is terrific, and your candy balls looks beautiful. I featured you on my fb page to show you off. Thank you so much for linking up at Wonderful Wed. Blog Hop and can't wait to see what you bring next week. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow
Thank you so much!
These are so cute! Thanks so much for linking up to Wonderful Wednesday blog hop. Pinned!
Blessings and have a great Thanksgiving!
Thank you Diane Have a great Thanksgiving!
Kim @ The Baking ChocolaTess
Love these! Very creative making them turkeys! 🙂 Stopped by from Wonderful Wednesdays! Pinned them to my **Holiday, Special Events, Party Notions & Such** Board on Pinterest!
Thank you Kim !
Those look so professional! I love that you used the pumpkin spice OREOs. I gave them a try a few weeks ago, thinking they would be no bueno, and I love them! #client
Thank you Summer. The Pumpkin Spice OREO's taste great.