Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Like any crock pot recipe this Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada recipe is easy to make, doesn't take much effort and the final results are delicious.
My crock pot chicken recipes are some of my most popular family recipes that are requested time after time.
Crock Pot Recipes are easy!
If you haven't started cooking in a crock pot yet what are you waiting for?
You can get a 6 quart Crock Pot on Amazon (affiliate link) for under $30.
I have 7 different crock pots in different sizes.
I have the smallest one available that warm dips can be made in and one big enough to cook a big ham in...... along with the sizes in between.
To make these Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas you are going to start by cooking skinless boneless chicken breasts in chicken stock in the crock pot.
But you could also make the Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas if you have leftover chicken breasts already. You would just pull the chicken meat apart and then proceed with the rest of the instructions.
This Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada recipe is also a great freezer meal. I cooked one tray for dinner and froze the rest for another day.
Print the Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas recipe belowPrint
Easy Crock Chicken Enchiladas recipe
Delicious and easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas recipe is an easy weeknight meal.
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 32 ox box low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Enchilada filling Ingredients
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 7 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ¾ cup black beans
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Your choice of 10 flour, corn or low carb tortillas.
Top the enchiladas with
- two 10 oz cans enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Cook the chicken in the crock pot
- Put the first 5 ingredients into a crock pot and cook for 4 hours. After four hours remove the chicken from the crock pot and set aside to cool.
- Pour the chicken broth from the crock pot through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Set aside.
- Pull the cooled chicken apart.
- Return the pulled chicken meat and ¼ to ½ cup of reserved chicken broth to the crock pot add stir. Add the enchilada filling ingredients to the crock pot and stir.
Cook for 1 hour on low.
Assemble the Enchiladas
- Place the enchiladas seam down into a baking pan and pour on can of enchilada sauce over the top.
Bake enchiladas for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of the enchiladas. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
Divide the enchiladas between two 8x8 baking pans. Eat one for dinner and tightly cover the other tray and freeze for another night.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 410
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas Recipe, Easy Chicken Enchiladas, Crock Pot Chicken recipes, boneless chicken recipe
You can find my Crock Pot Chicken recipes on the Crock Pot Chicken Recipes page
Looking for all of my Crock Pot recipes? Head over to my crock pot recipe page for 200+ Crock Pot recipes.