Crock Pot Chicken Burritos Recipe
Delicious and very easy to make Crock Pot Chicken Burritos recipe with just a few ingredients.
As you know Crock Pot Chicken Recipes are my favorite food to cook in my slow cooker. It ranks right up there with my love of Mexican recipes.
Shredded Chicken Burritos
Shredded chicken for burritos is so easy to make in a slow cooker. This crock pot shredded chicken recipe with pinto beans can be used as a burrito filling, chicken taco filling, or for chicken nachos.
It is so delicious and easy to make. You can use this crock pot shredded chicken for just about any chicken Mexican filling recipe you like.
I love making shredded chicken burritos in my slow cooker. They are easy to make, only require a few ingredients, and Mexican recipe fans will be begging for more.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
How to make Crock Pot Chicken Burritos
Crock Pot Chicken Burritos is one of those easy dump and go crock pot recipes that go in the crock pot and a few hours later you can serve dinner to your hungry crowd.
Once the chicken is finished cooking remove some of the sauce and save to top your burritos.
Use two forks to shred the cooked chicken, mix the shredded chicken with the sauce and pintos beans.
My family is a bunch of picky eaters. We each have our own way of topping our burritos, tacos or nachos.
So when I feed my family something a Mexican recipe like these chicken burritos I will fill a warmed flour tortilla with the shredded chicken and sprinkle the burrito filling with shredded cheese before I roll them up.
I will roll all the burritos up at once and serve them on a platter to the family.
This way everyone can top their chicken burrito with the toppings they like and I don't have to worry about the food getting wasted because someone doesn't like sour cream or salsa on their burrito.
I love to top my chicken burritos with sour cream, sliced avocado and salsa verde. When I have quick pickled red onions I will add some of them also.
Can't get enough of Crock Pot Chicken Recipes? Head over to my Crock Pot Chicken recipes page where you will find links to all of my Crock Pot Chicken recipes.
Because I know you love slow cooker recipes as much as I do head over to my main Slow Cooker Recipes page where you will find links to all my slow cooker recipes. Flour On My Face is the ultimate resource for easy crock pot recipes for busy families! Take a look around!
Print the Chicken Burritos recipe below
Crock Pot Chicken Burritos Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 15 oz canned pinto beans undrained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 oz canned green chiles
- 1 envelope chicken taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas warmed
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Place the boneless skinless chicken into the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot.
- Add the canned pintos beans, salsa, and canned chiles to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the chicken taco seasoning over the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Use a spoon ot tongs to toss the chicken with the other ingredients in the crock pot.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or high for 2.5 hours or until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperture of 165 F.
- When the chicken is completly cooked remove 1 cup of the liquid from the crock pot and save. Use two forks to shred the chicken and mix to combine with the other ingredients.
- Divide the burrito filling between 8 warm flour tortillas, sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese over the burrito filling and roll the tortillas up.
- Serve with your favorite burrito toppings, like sliced avocado, sour cream, hot sauce and more salsa.