This Easy Cheesy Bacon Garlic Potatoes recipe is so good. If you love loaded baked potatoes this is the way to enjoy your favorite baked potato flavors with out heating up the house while you are baking the potatoes in the oven.
Nothing goes better together with potatoes than cheese, bacon and garlic as far as I an concerned. So I came up with this easy cheesy bacon garlic potatoes recipe.
I've used Simply Potatoes many times before. We love the shredded hash browns.
They make a Sunday morning breakfast so much easier compared to making hash browns from scratch.
For this recipe you will need one bag of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes, bacon cooked crispy, cheddar cheese, garlic and sour cream. I garnished with some cut up green onion but that is an optional ingredient.
Begin by cooking the bacon until crispy. Put the bacon on a paper towel to drain than chop it up roughly.
Put the Simply Potatoes in a skillet with a little bit of oil, cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally until the potatoes are cooked all the way through.
Add the chopped bacon and one cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the pan and stir. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and cover with the lid again.
Cook the cheesy potatoes until the cheddar cheese topping is melted.
Serve each individual serving with a topping of sour cream, the remaining bacon and a sprinkle of chopped green onion if desired.
Print the recipe below
Cheesy Bacon Garlic Potatoes
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes
- 10 pieces bacon fried crisp and chopped roughly
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely diced garlic
- ¼-1/2 cup sour cream
- Green onions optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Cook the bacon, roughly chop and set aside.
- Thinly slice green onion if using to garnish and set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium and add a thin layer of oil to cover the bottom of a skillet.
- Pour potatoes into the skillet, add chopped garlic and lightly salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes covered, stirring occasionally every 3-4 minutes for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes add half the roughly chopped bacon and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the potatoes, replace lid and cook another 5-10 minutes without stirring until the cheese has melted. Remove skillet from heat.
- When serving add a dollop of sour cream to each serving, sprinkle some chopped bacon and green onion (if using) over the sour cream.