Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew is a very tasty crock pot recipe made with beef stew meat. Thick and chunky beef stew delicious served with warm tortillas.
Beef Stew Recipes
One of my favorite recipes to cook in my crock pot is beef stew. You can make beef stew in many different variations that all start out by browning some beef stew meat.
Browing the beef stew meat before cooking adds flavor. You can skip the browning if you are short on time but it is worth the extra effort.
The traditional beef stew recipe that I grew up with is made with beef stew meat, potatoes, carrots, celery and has a thick gravy.
Traditionally beef stew is a hearty meat and potatoes crock pot meal that will satisfy the hungriest of families. I know mine loves it.
This crock pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew recipe is a perfect example of a savory Mexican beef stew made with simple ingredients that when cooked together is packed full of flavor.
Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew
Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew get its amazing flavors from ground cumin, dried oregano, Rotel Tomatoes with chilies, and salsa verde salsa.
When these somewhat boring ingredients are cooked together the flavors are delicious.
Pinto beans and black beans add even more flavor. As the beef stew ingredients slow cook together the tomatoes and meat release their juices and make a gravy.
This Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew recipe is so thick and chunky it is perfect to scoop up with a warm tortilla.
Top a bowl full with you favorite Mexican food toppings like sliced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
Crock Pot Beef Recipes
Check out my Crock Pot Beef Recipes page for more delicious and easy crock pot beef recipes your family will love.
Crock Pot Recipes
Because I know you love slow cooker recipes as much as I do head over to my main Slow Cooker Recipes page where you will find links to all my slow cooker recipes. Flour On My Face is the ultimate resource for easy recipes for busy families! Take a look around!
Print the Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew Recipe below
Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew
- 2 ½ pounds of beef stew meat
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped sweet bell peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 10 oz. can Rotel Tomatoes and Chilies
- 15.4 oz. can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15.5 oz. can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and brown the beef stew meat. Do not over crowd the skillet with meat and add more oil as needed.
- Place the browned stew meat into a 6 or 7 quart crock pot.
- Add the pinto beans and black beans to the crock pot.
- Next add the diced onion, chopped sweet bell peppers, and minced garlic.
- Add the un-drained stewed tomatoes and Rotel Tomatoes and chilies to the crock pot.
- Add the ground cumin and dried oregano to the crock pot.
- Add the Salsa Verde to the crock pot and mix well to combine.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 6 to eight hours.
- About 8 servings.
Leave a Reply