Sweet and tangy BBQ Cranberry Chicken Sliders are moist and delicious. Crock pot pulled chicken sliders are great for lunch or dinner. They make the perfect tailgating food or appetizer for any occasion.
They are easy to make because you don't need many ingredients to make them. And they are easy to serve to a crowd right out of the slow cooker.
This easy cranberry chicken recipe is sure to please the whole family.
Mom's will love it because it is so easy to make and the rest of the family will love it because it tastes so good.
The boneless chicken is smothered in bbq cranberry sauce and the chicken is infused with all of the wonderful flavors in this crock pot chicken recipe.
How to make Crock Pot BBQ Cranberry Chicken Sliders
BBQ cranberry chicken is easy to make and only uses four ingredients and a few spices like salt, pepper and garlic.
- boneless skinless chicken: 2 to 3 pounds of white or dark meat chicken
- cranberry sauce: whole berry or classic cranberry sauce
- barbecue sauce: I used Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce) or you can use your favorite brand.
- Dijon mustard: I used my homemade creamy Dijon mustard or you can use store bought mustard.
- dry minced onion I used my homemade minced onion I made with dehydrated onions or use onion powder.
- salt and ground black pepper
- Buns: slider buns, hamburger buns or even hoagie rolls will work with this recipe. My no-knead cheesy slider rolls would be great.
Step 1: Trim the fat from the chicken, pat dry with a paper towel and arrange the chicken in a single layer on the bottom of a 5 or 6 quart crock pot slow cooker.
Step 2: Using a silicone basting brush spread the Dijon mustard over both sides of the chicken.
Step 3: Pour the cranberry sauce, and barbecue sauce over the chicken.
Step 4: Add the minced garlic, salt and pepper.
Step 5: Toss the chicken to cover and mix the seasonings in.
Step 6: Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low until the chicken has reached 165 F' degrees internal temperature in the center of each piece.
Step 7: Once the chicken is done transfer to a large bowl and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
Step 8: Use two forks to shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
Step 9: Return the shredded chicken to the sauce in the crock pot. Stir to cover the chicken with the sauce.
Serve on pretzel slider buns or your favorite sweet slider bun.
You can top each chicken slider with homemade coleslaw, sliced pickle, or sliced pickled jalapeno peppers.
Sides to serve with sliders
- pickle wedges or slices
- homemade coleslaw is always delicious served with any type of pulled chicken or pulled pork.
- old fashioned potato salad
- for a spicy kick serve with pickled jalapeno peppers
Expert Recipe Tips
- do not over cook or the chicken will be dry.
- Use any favorite BBQ sauce.
- Shred and use the chicken to make sandwiches, sliders or BBQ chicken wraps. Or serve the cooked chicken as a main dish.
Print the Crock Pot BBQ Cranberry Chicken Sliders recipe below
Scroll to the recipe card where you can print, save or share the recipe.
Email questions or recipe requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
Crock Pot BBQ Cranberry Chicken Sliders
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (heaping)
- 1 can cranberry sauce (whole berry or classic)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Trim the fat from the chicken and place into a 5 or 6 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- Brush the Dijon mustard over both sides of the chicken.
- Pour the cranberry sauce, and barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Add the minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken to cover and mix the seasonings in.
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low until the chicken has reached 165 F, degrees internal temperature in the center of each piece.
- Once the chicken is done transfer to a large bowl and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken,
- Return the shredded chicken to the sauce in the crock pot.
- Stir to cover the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve on slider buns.
- Makes about 5 ½ cups of bbq chicken.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Cranberry chicken can be served over white rice or shredded for cranberry chicken sliders.
- Slider are great for lunch, dinner or tailgating.
- Makes enough shredded chicken to fill about 24 sliders using ¼ cup of bbq shredded chicken.
This recipe sounds delicious. I will be trying it very soon.
Debra thank you! Enjoy the recipe!