Before you get your holiday main course on the table you need to have some delicious appetizers for everyone to nibble on.
Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites are easy to make and everyone will love them!
These bite size cheesecake bites are a sweet and tart appetizer made with apple and cranberries.
How to make Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites
This Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites recipe has some of my favorite holiday flavors.
Cranberries, apples, cinnamon and cheesecake.
All you need are these cute little mini phyllo shells and a simple no bake cheesecake filling that is topped with a cranberry apple and orange filling.
They make the perfect little base for sweet or savory holiday appetizers.
Cranberry Apple Filling Ingredients
- a large apple: I used red delicious but you can use any apple variety you have on hand.
- fresh cranberries
- a large navel orange: you will need the orange juice (divided) and zest.
- granulated sugar
- pure vanilla extract: as usual I am using my homemade vanilla extract.
- spices: ground cinnamon
- thickener: corn starch and water
How to make the cranberry apple filling
- Step 1: Zest and squeeze the orange.
- Step 2: Peel, core and chop the apple. Put it into a small sauce pan with a squeeze of orange juice to prevent browning.
- Step 3: Finely chop the cranberries.
- Step 4: Combine the apple, cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, water and cornstarch in the sauce pan.
- Step 5: Toss the ingredients together and heat on medium until boiling. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer until the apple pieces are tender.
- Step 6: Allow the cranberry and apple filling to cool before filling the phyllo cups.
- While the cranberry and apple filling is cooking make the no bake cheesecake filling following the directions below.
No bake cheesecake filling ingredients
- softened cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- orange juice
How to make cheesecake filling
- In a medium bowl beat the cheesecake ingredients until thick and creamy.
Assemble the appetizers
Fill the phyllo cups about ¾ of the way full with cheesecake filling. Spoon the cranberry and apple filling over the cheesecake.
Serve as is or top with a little whipped cream.
This recipe will make 25-35 mini appetizers depending on how much cheesecake filling you use to fill each phyllo cup.
Bite Size Appetizers
Bite size appetizers are one of the easiest party appetizer you can make.
Recipe Expert Tips
- Piping bag: a piping bag makes filling the tiny appetizer cups very easy, prevents waste and is easy to clean up.
More Bite Size Appetizers
Get the party off to a good start with these holiday appetizer recipes. Like these Caramelized Onion Bacon Cheesecake Bites and Raspberry Brie Bites Appetizers they come together quickly and you can make a large number of party appetizers fast.
Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons water
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
No Bake Cheesecake filling
- 4 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 packages mini phyllo cups
- Place the first seven ingredients into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until apples are tender. Return to a boil.
- Mix 2 teaspoons cool water with ¼ teaspoon of cornstarch. Add to the pot and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and orange juice in a small bowl until thick and creamy.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling into a piping bag or a plastic baggie. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill each mini Phyllo cup about ¾th full of cheesecake filling. Top mini appetizer with about ½ teaspoon of the cooled cranberry apple filling.
Recipe Expert Tips
- A piping bag makes filling the tiny appetizer cups very easy, prevents waste and is easy to clean up.
- Fill the filo cups right before serving. Or fill ahead of time and keep refrigerated before serving.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.