Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites
Disclosure: This Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites appetizer recipe post has been sponsored by Crisp Kitchen Tools. All opinions are my own.
For this weeks Progressive Dinner I am sharing this Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites recipe. This week is all about appetizers. Before you get your holiday main course on the table you have to have some delicious appetizers for everyone to nibble on.
This weeks sponsor and giveaway is from Crisp Cooking maker of fine kitchen tools. I had a chance to try out some of their tools while making this recipe. Their paring knife is amazing. I love that it comes with a cover to keep the blade safe and to prevent accidents. Most of their kitchen tools come with a blade cover, has a sleek design and the handles all have a bold color band making them easy to pick out of a drawer. Or if you’d like to hang them they also have a handy hook hole.
You will find the rest of this weeks Progressive Dinner appetizer recipes below along with the Crisp giveaway entry form.
How to make Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites
This Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites recipe has some of my favorite holiday flavors. Cranberries, apples, cinnamon and cheesecake. It starts out with these cute little mini fillo shells. They make the perfect little base for sweet or savory appetizers.
Peel, core and chop the apple into a small sauce pan with some orange juice. I used a tangerine for this recipe because they are in season right now but you can use an orange.
Chop up the cranberries. Since we are making a mini appetizer I wanted small pieces of cranberries in the filling.
Add the other ingredients to the sauce pan and cook down until the apple pieces are tender.
While the cranberry and apple filling is cooking make the easy no bake cheesecake filling following the directions below.
Allow the cranberry and apple filling to cool before filling the fillo cups. Fill the fillo cups about 1/3 of the way with cheesecake filling and top with the cranberry and apple filling. Serve as is or top with a little whipped cream.
This recipe will make 25-35 mini appetizers depending on how much cheesecake filling you fill each phyllo cup with.
Busy-at-Home : Cucumber Tomato Bites with Herb and Parmesan Cream Cheese
Flour on My Face: Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Bites
Adventures in All Things Food: Festive Avocado Cucumber Bites
Daily Dish Recipes: Baked Brie Bites with Olives and Roasted Garlic
Will Cook for Smiles: Hot Four Cheese Dip
The Gunny Sack: Spinach Artichoke Dip BitesPrint
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- No Bake Cheesecake filling
- 4 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 packages mini fillo cups
- Place the first seven ingredients into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until apples are tender. Return to a boil. Mix 2 teaspoons cool water with 1/4 teaspoon of cornstarch. Add to the pot and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Cheesecake Filling
- Beat all the no bake cheesecake ingredients in a small bowl until thick and creamy.
- Put cheesecake filling into a decorator bag or a plastic baggie.
- Divide cheesecake filling between the mini fillo cups. Top cheesecake filling with about 1/2 teaspoon of the cool cranberry apple filling.
Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Category: Appetizer