Classic Hurricane Cocktail is a delicious fruity cocktail recipe that is perfect to sip on during the hot days of summer.
This fruity cocktail recipe is very famous in New Orleans where it was first shaken in a cocktail shaker.
If you love fruity cocktails you will absolutely fall in love with the sweet tropical flavors of the Classic Hurricane Cocktail.
The Classic Hurricane is a perfect combination of white and dark rum, freshly squeezed orange and lime juice that is finished off with a splash of grenadine to give it the shockingly pink tropical color.
Fruity Cocktails like the Hurricane and the Blue Hawaiian Cocktail are some of my favorite cocktails.
Cocktail Making Supplies
If you are setting up a bar or cocktail cart for the first time here are a few supplies you will want to have on hand to make your cocktails.
Tiki Party Drinks
Summertime is the time for celebrating with family and friends. Backyard barbecues and Tiki parties are the perfect time to break out a cocktail shaker and shake up a few of these fruity drinks.
If you're planning a tropical themed Tiki or Luau party this summer you'll need a signature drink to serve.
A Hurricane is a great Tiki Party Drink that will make you think you are on a tropical beach enjoying the hot white sand and the wide open blue beach as the waves roll in and wash the sand off your toes.
Serve your Hurricane Cocktails in tall Hurricane Cocktail glasses with an orange slice and maraschino cherry garnish.
More Cocktail Recipes
Head over to my Cocktail Recipes page for all the cocktail recipes I have shared. You'll find a long list of my Mojito, Sangria, Mimosa and sweet fruity cocktail recipes.
Classic Hurricane Cocktail
- 2 oz Bacardi White Rum
- 2 oz Bacardi Gold Rum
- 2 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz grenadine
- 1 ½ teaspoon fine sugar
- 3 whole orange slices (for garnish)
- 3 large large maraschino cherries (for garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes.
- Add the fine sugar to the cocktail shaker.
- Pour the rums, orange juice, lime juice, and grenadine into the shaker.
- Shake for 1 minute to chill.
- Fill a hurricane glass with ice cubes. Pour the Hurricane cocktail from the shaker into the glass.
- Makes about 3 Hurricane Cocktails in a Hurricane glass.