Homemade Banana Muffins
Homemade Banana Muffins are the best way to use up over ripened banana's. This recipe is a quick, easy and a great breakfast muffin to start the day off.
Bananas are probably one of the only fruits that are wonderful once they have gone past they're use by date lol.
I have always loved brown bananas. They taste so much better to me than when they are bright yellow, flavorless and hard.
Give me a soft browning banana any day. I love it when I find bags of them marked down on clearance at the grocery store.
I always buy 2 or 3 bags.
The kids eat a few before they get too brown for them, some of them I may peel and put into zip topped bag, freeze and use in smoothies.
Others I leave out on the counter to turn totally brown so I can bake with them.
I love making banana bread, banana cake or muffins with them.Print
Homemade Banana Muffins for breakfast or a quick snack on a busy day.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas. Add the two sugars, beaten egg, vanilla, oil and yogurt. Beat or mix in a stand mixer until combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just moistened.
- Fill cupckake liners or muffin pans ¾ full.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Cool ten minutes and move to wire racks to cool completly. Makes about 20 medium muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 285